Mama's Bakery & Deli

( 1 review )
619-688-0717

4237 Alabama St, San Diego, California, USA, 92104

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small counter service restaurant with covered patio seating. Specializes in sajj bread. Vegans could get manaeesh plus, falafel wrap, fried eggplant wrap, and grape leaves (wara eneb) wrap. Specify vegan to be sure. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by KellyBone

Manaeesh Plus for the win! - Edit

When I (reluctantly) migrated south to San Diego, Mama's was my "well now I can have more..." mantra that I repeatedly​ whispered to myself while packing up my life. Mama's as a whole does not necessarily impress, but this dish, this one singular fat roll of thyme, olive oil, sesame seeds, tomatoes, olives, and mint might just be my favorite meal in this city. Mama's Manaeesh Plus ($5.45), served on tender made-to-order sajj flatbread, is the one dish I recommend to everyone regardless of their predilections--it has never disappointed anyone.

Pros: Manaeesh Plus

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mama's Bakery & Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.