Mama T's Ital Kitchen - Umeke Market

808-522-7377

1001 Bishop St Ste 110, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 96813

As of Mar 2017 Mama T's has moved into Umeke Market. Offers a plant-based menu with breakfast and lunch food. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fusion, Hawaiian

First Review by myra975

Highlight of my trip to Honolulu - Edit

I spent a week in Hawaii and tried to get down as much vegan food as possible, and was pleasantly surprised by the food scene in the state as a whole. One thing that would have been under my radar was Mama T's, when a friend had taken me there I didn't know what to expect.

Chalkboard menu, family owned place, everything was fresh made daily and when they were out they were out.

Kept balance by having raw tacos that I was a bit skeptical of at first, moving from Austin Texas I have high standards of tacos and wasn't sure about raw... one bite later I was sold.

Also had a veggie burrito that was delicious, and this is coming from a guy living in a 90% Latino neighborhood in South Central Texas.

Mama T and her crew were working and super kind, her daughter was a very upbeat child who was having fun with us with her video making app.

I'm very excited to move back to Honolulu and eat her food again... like 3 days a week for the next decade.

"The Ital is Vital"

Pros: Made fresh by the people on site, Healthy, Absolutely delicious

Mama T's Ital Kitchen in 'Umeke Market - Edit

Mama T's Ital Kitchen (no longer a pop-up) is now permanently located inside 'Umeke Market in downtown Honolulu offering breakfast, lunch, and grab-n-go foods. They are serving up Ital, organic, locally sourced 'Aina foods and are focused on Kalo. You can find kalo in their cinnamon buns, kalo- tofu scramble, Aina Stew, kalo curry, kalo casserole, kalo musubi, kalo poke, and kalo-collard wraps.

Hours: 7:00 am-3:00pm / Monday-Friday

Parking: Located across the street from "Umeke Market at Ali'i Place - 1099 Alakea Street. 75 cents per 30 minutes (up to 2 hours) - Cash only parking garage.

Restroom: There are no restrooms available onsite. I was told the nearest restrooms are located across the street at Walmart. The Walmart restrooms are up the escalators, right and then left.

Dining Experience: The staff was very kind and eager to review the menu and food entrees with us. I love that they make it their mission to source & serve up delectable local (when possible) organic ingredients & featuring many Hawaiian staple foods. The establishment was clean and inviting. Indoor and outdoor seating available.

Food: Our lunch entrees (comes with rice or pasta and 1 side) were packed with flavor and the portions were just right. 1 Entree ($9.25), 2 Entrees ($11.25), 3 Entrees ($13.25), add a side ($2.00). We returned the following day for breakfast and everything was as we had hoped it would be. The Tofu Burrito ($10.00), Kalo Tofu scramble w/side ($5.00), Roasted Potatoes ($2.00 side), Chiabatta ($7.00), Kalo Musubi ($5.00), and the Kalo Cinnabuns ($6.50) were so 'ono!

We are looking forward to returning and trying their smoothies ($10.00), other breakfast, and lunch.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-13

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Friendly Staff

Cons: No restrooms

The bomb!!!! - Edit

Wherever you are in Oahu on a Friday you must get over to Mama T's Ital Kitchen! Everything on the menu is delicious and made with lots of love. This spot is a must!!! You will not be disappointed with this decision. Mama T is very sweet, her daughter is adorable and Alex is extremely kind. I will be back again and again.

Pros: Amazing food! , Good vibes, Love Mama T

Return to Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mama T's Ital Kitchen - Umeke Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.