First Review by veggiequeen

Great Store - Edit

They have a wide selection of vegetarian/vegan foods, as well as many other animal friendly products such as personal hygiene, pet supplies, etc... They also have a very friendly and helpful staff, unlike other health food stores.

Pros: Centrally located

Cons: Expensive

Great choices - Edit

Stopped through here on a road trip and was able to pick up lots of vegan and gluten free items. They have a great selection of goodies.

Pros: lots of options

Cons: Expensive

Love It!! - Edit

They had a good amount of Gluten Free and Vegan items in the grocery section! Plus the Deli has an almond milk option for drinks. They also have 2 vegan sandwiches, with an option of Gluten Free bread.

Awesome store! - Edit

The very best health store that I have ever been in! I'm a relatively new vegan, and I was very happy to find so much vegan food here!

LOVE AT FIRST SHOP - Edit

I love mama jeans! I go here for everything...they have nice staff, a nice bulk selection, cleaning products, self-care products, and so many vegan options! The produce section always is a little empty but thats probably a good thing. There are always new products to try. It's nice to have an amazing health food store so close by

I love this place!! - Edit

I was visiting family in the area and as a vegan I seek out the local vegan options. The cafe location on Republic is very good. I was impressed with the vegan paninis and the selection in the deli area. Smoothies were quite good too. The store is awesome. I wish I had a Mama Jean's in my area!!

I could live there. - Edit

I shop at Mama Jean's exclusively, except for a Pricecutter run every two or three months. I always look forward to grocery shopping at Mama Jean's. It's my happy place. I love it! I'm going there tomorrow. See you there! Are we there yet??

Pros: fun and friendly atmosphere, lots of local and organic food, vegans feel welcome

Cons: wish it were bigger, produce section small but adequate, needs more vegan deli items

A Local Market with Integrity - Edit

I am a health food enthusiast that enjoys organic produce, gourmet foods and reasonably priced items. Having lived in all of the major cities of Missouri, I've seen my share of health food stores and local markets. Mama Jean's has expanded exponentially in the past five years, but the customer service remains solid. The staff goes out of their way to help me research the answers to my questions and offers a generous variety of samples to try. The owners of Mama Jean's run their business with integrity and it's plain to see. I've seen a number of health food stores and corporate franchises selling the same organic items over suggested resale, but Mama Jean's keeps their items affordable. Believe me, you can't get what Mama Jean's has to offer anywhere else, so give it an honest effort and enjoy this unique find.

My favorite store - Edit

They have a great selection on vegan goods. I love their premade foods, I never get to eat food in restraunts, so going to MJ is such a treat. I adore their bulk section and produce is pretty good. It's my favorite place to go!

Pros: bulk, premade foods, pretty good looking staff :)

Cons: it'd be cool if they expanded vegan wise, trailmix of some sort...I can't find any, more of those mini shopping carts

New Location! - Edit

Mama Jeans finally has it's second location open. I love it because it's nicer and closer to home. This store is bigger than the first location and the veggie section is expanded :). My only negative observation is this - do the employees HAVE to look like they just crawled out of bed? Dress as bizarre as you want to - I'm an individualist also but one can at least look clean and combed! Also - I don't want to see the crack of your bum or your boobs. Still... I love Mama Jeans. I shopped at the real Mama's (Jeans Healthway) for years.

Love This Place - Edit

They have all the "green" stuff you could possibly want. Produce section isn't the biggest. They are over-staffed, seemingly, which is good for customer service. They have people who know what they're talking about, esp. in the supplements section. They have purified water for refills. They have an area to sit down in front and premade meals (sandwiches, soups, pitas, etc.). They have a huge selection of personal care stuff. The bulk section is awesome. Some of the people there I have established a rapport with, uncommon for me when shopping. And, btw, the have a young, beautiful staff. Wow. Them girls are fierce!

Pros: staff, selection, location

Cons: a little pricey, discontinued items, bulk shampoos: need tea tree or euk db!

Great for Non-Vegetarians too! - Edit

When I first went into Mama Jean's I expected it to be just another health food store with half full shelves of pills, powders and old cans of organic what-not. Instead I found a bustling, energetic and fun place to shop! Bulk foods and spices, fresh produce, humanely raised meats, specialty beers and wines. You can find your pills and powders too but everything here is fresh! The staff is well informed and very nice. If you just love to cook the finer things in life you owe it to yourself and your wallet to come to Mama Jean's!

Pros: Great Value, Amazing selection, Friendly Staff

Cons: Tiny parking lot

Pretty good, but lacks consistency.. - Edit

We like Mama Jeans as they have good products and a good selection for a small store, but we very often buy products and like them, only to return and find them out of stock or just plain gone. Their friendly staff always offer to order it for next time, but that doesn't help the present. I appreciate the need to try new products, but would appreciate consistency more. So we use a different local store and only go to Mama Jeans when we can't find what we're looking for.

Pros: Good products, friendly staff

Cons: Lack of consistency

Naturegirl 22 Feb 2013 - I agree with your comment... when the second MJs opened up they said they would have more stock room and would be able to keep up better. They have not though. It's the same old story... we're out, can we order it for you? When I commented the last time about them always being out of a specific item the response was.."well that's a popular item"... well duh! Wrong answer... keep more in stock then!! argggggghhh.

Mama Jean's Market - What a great SPFD addition! - Edit

This is one of Springfield's finest additions in recent years. Their staff is courteous and knowledgable. The food products are fresh and diverse. Be sure to ask for their "12 whole wheat grain flour tortillas which are shipped in on Tuesdays and Fridays as they are very popular along with the "6 size. They have that small neighborhood grocer feel that will keep you coming back every time! Be sure to stop by Bass Pro across the street for any camping, outdoor and travel needs should you be travelling through on your way to other destinations.

my favorite store in town - Edit

When i first discovered MaMa Jeans I was so happy! Their staff is friendly, their selection is fairly consistant and their prices are OK. They usually have what I need. We're vegans and I would like to see them add more vegan foods.

Return to Springfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mama Jean's Natural Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.