Malmo

C/ Sueca , 46, Valencia, Spain, 46006

Modern cuisine with some choices for vegans marked with green dot on the menu. Products are bought daily from Ruzafa's market. Since 2013. Open Tue-Sun 1:30pm-4:30pm, Tue-Sat 8:30pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, European, Spanish

First Review by Chakotay

Superb vegatarian food - Edit

Being vegetarian it's not always easy finding a restaurant offering creative vegetarian food. Living in Belgium, vegetarian options have increased over the years, but there is still much room for improvement. Going on holiday however is a challenge. Big cities like London or Paris is OK ... but rural France, Spain, Germany... We're often limited (with gratitude) to the local Italian for pizza or pasta, or the vegetarian options in a Middle Eastern or Chinese restaurant.
And then we were visiting Valencia and went to restaurant Copenhagen to diner, but with no table available. We returned two days later to find it closed, but with a note on the door directing us to Malmö, just around the corner.
And we didn't regret it. Superb food. This is vegetarian gastronomy. Fantastic flavours, nice presentation, friendly presentation. And at really correct prices for to offered quality.
I read some remarks on the portion sizes. They are not hughe, but neither are it bites are spoonfuls. The prices moderate so offer the opportunity to taste/share a number of dishes. Spoil yourself with this delicious food.
We had wine by the glass with our meal, which was outstanding and at a fair price.
We know were we will be eating next time we are in Valencia. And we are anxious to visit Copenhagen and Oslo too.

Pros: Delicious food and flavours, Very good value for money, Creative cuisine

Cons: Nothing at all

Veg Gourmet in "Russafa" - Edit

Part of a small chain of veg restaurants in Valencia (together with "Copenhagen" and "Oslo"), the "Malmo" shows excellent attention to the food experience and elegant sobriety in decoration.
Dishes are tastefull and beautiful.

Pros: Gourmet, Good decoration

Delicious! - Edit

I went to Copenhagen 2 nights before, so I wanted to try another restaurant of the same chain. The decor was different, and so was the menu, but the quality of the food was equally great.

For starter I had a salad of baby spinach, avocado, strawberries, vegan creamcheese, and raspberry vinaigrette. When it came I was afraid it would be too sweet as the vinaigrette was bright pink, but the flavours were spot on. The salad was huge, so I did not finish it entirely because I was afraid I would otherwise not be able to eat the main.

As main course I had the Russafa burger with potato wedges. The flavours were awesome. Really top notch veggie burger.

Previous reviews said it was quite expensive. I paid 23 euro for a starter, a main, and a glass of wine. I think that is really very good value (in my home town Amsterdam this would have cost 3 times as much), as the quality was very high.

inside tipp - Edit

It's modern, new, has good WLAN, but you have to reserve, because the restaurant is very popular.
It has though just one toilet per gender.
The prices are moderate, the servicing is fast and friendly.
Malmö has also an acceptable selection of vegan menus.

Pros: modern, fast servicing, good WLAN

Cons: only one toilet per gender

Return to Valencia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Malmo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.