Malawi's Pizza

801-225-2800

4801 N University Ave Ste 110, Provo, Utah, USA, 84604

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza, pasta, salad, and dessert pizza restaurant. Build your own pizza concept. Has Daiya vegan cheese (not on menu) - you have to ask for it. For every meal one buy the company aims to provide a meal to a child in Malawi, Africa. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Meggie and Ben

no napkins - Edit

I was here 5:30pm on a Saturday, a little before the dinner crowd rolled in. It's an order up front, sit, and they bring out the food joint. They do have Daiya mozzarella stated NOWHERE on the menu. The pizza comes in one size, about a 12 inch personal on thin crust. The veggies were fresh, as was the pineapple. Mine came out hella fast in about 5 minutes. My niece had hers delivered 5 mins later. My brother waited about 15 minutes total, and they gave him a complementary breadstick. There was no napkins on the table or at the service counter or by the soda fountains. The bathroom was fabulous, and the pizza was a little undercooked for my tastes since I like a crispier crust. It was just okay for me, but I certainly will not go again since the crowd of BYU students were super loud and obnoxious and one almost clocked my niece in the face with the door while not paying any attention.

Pros: donations to Africa , good flavors, no extra charge for vegan cheese

Cons: wait time was not great, no napkins, BYU college students being obnoxious as hell

Thin Crust Vegan Pizza - Edit

They ask whether you are dairy free by preference or due to allergy... I felt safer saying it was an allergy which felt weird but I didn't want cross contamination with meats and cheeses! Also note that not everyone is aware of what does and does not have dairy (I was offered pesto sauce, but asked a few others behind the counter to discover it contains dairy, like I suspected). No harm no foul, but do be aware.

Pizza itself was super tasty. It was a good change of pace from my usual vegan pizza at The Pie. Really love their super thin crust at Malawis!

This was a work lunch, and the gluten free people were as pleased as the standard omnis who were as pleased as me.

Good pizza - Edit

Nice place with good pizza. Plenty of veggie toppings and vegan pizza. The vegan cheese isn't on the menu but just ask for it when you order.

Pros: Vegan cheese, Veggie toppings

Cons: Not a ton of other toppings, No vegan desserts

Return to Provo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Malawi's Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.