Makrovita

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 387-33-212-506

BBI Center, Trg djece Sarajeva 1, Dr. Fetaha Becirbegovica 31, Čengić Vila, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina, 71000

Macrobiotic center and shop on the ground floor of apartment block in Novo Sarajevo part of city. Sells ecologically produced foods and products: grains, soy foods, natural supplements, face and body care items, household products, and literature. Also cooking class, shiatsu massage, reflexotherapy, counseling. Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm

First Review by Stevie

Really Organic - Edit

A true organic and macrobiotic shop in Sarajevo. Easily reached, good working hours. Used to be the only one, now you can find some raw vegan superfoods in places you wouldn expect. However, Makrovita is a bit expensive and out of stock at times.

Has some basics - Edit

I visited Makrovita when I was in Sarajevo last week (end of August, 2011). I visited the location in the BBI shopping center, a huge shopping center near the center of the city. It was a small shop and had some basic things (grains, soy milk, personal care, cleaning...). It was more things I would buy if I lived in the city and were cooking at home, not so much if I were traveling and needed to stop in for something. From the website, it seems like there are some educational programs. I think it is good that there is a shop like this in Sarajevo, but it is probably more useful for residents than travelers.

Pros: Central location, Basic organic products

Cons: Small

Makrovita, Sarajevo - Edit

In my opinion, Makrovita is the place to go if you are looking for organic food in Sarajevo. The staff was exceedingly helpful every time I visited the store, and as far as I am aware, most or all of them speak English in varying degrees, which is a boon to me as a non-native. The selection of products is pretty large, and I've noticed that they have nearly all the products that I used to buy in London.

To be a vegan in Sarajevo - Edit

Being inspired by this website, I visited the place yesterday. Offer is better than in some of the local shops, but prices are very high. I am not sure this is meant for Bosnians as well. However, I would highly recommend visiting Healthy Food Dept within Mercator and checking out Soya mixtures produced by Ducan Mali (written in Cyrillic). Plus in VF they have vegan hard cheese, 3 tastes (product of Macedonia). See, and pizza and lasagna are reality...

Pros: nice offer, nicely decorated

Cons: not easy to find, rather expensive

Makrovita, Sarajevo - Edit

Much needed, an oasis in Sarajevo. When I went the helpful girl who was working there didn't speak English. With me not speaking Serbo-Croat we tried to communicate in German and got along fine.

Located in Novo Sarajevo to the West of the city centre.

Pros: A health food shop in SJ

Return to Sarajevo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Makrovita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1954 times since Aug 2007.