First Review by WenzelStrapinski

Sushi without doubts - Edit

I know MakiMaki from when they had a branch in the city Münster ~70km north of Dortmund. It was the first all-vegan sushi place I knew and for it's novelty and moderate pricing I liked it a lot. For those reasons I also like there's a MakiMaki closer to my home now.

The prices are still very, very nice (although I think they increased a little) and the best thing is you can just pick anything from the menu - it's all vegan sushi, without fish-sauce or oyster-sauce, you just don't have to read between the lines! The variety of rolls, cones and salads is very impressive and for 20 bucks something (€) you can get a "Party Bento" which easily stuffs two people.

The qulity of the rolls in Münster was slightly better than in Dortmund (here they were rolled a little too loosely) but the taste is good in both branches. You don't have to expect superior sushi but it definitively satisfies your need for an alternative to cucumber- and avocado-maki you get everywhere. For people who dislike the taste of nori they also offer lots of options (including rice paper curd).

The staff in Dortmund is friendly and the atmosphere is okay although I don't really get why they chose to paint everything in that sepcific shade of green.

Pros: all vegan, wide variety of tastes, relatively cheap

Cons: atmosphere is not the coziest

amazing - Edit

Better than normal sushi!!! Try not to become addicted to the sushi with creme fresh, impossible !
The only thing I would suggest to make it even more comfortable is to buy a nice Music box with more volume for the whole restaurant. The radio is a bit too cold from the acoustic and flat but I guess that will be also changed as this restaurant just recently opened!

Pros: friendly service, super tasty , very clean

vegan sushi at affordable prices - Edit

nice lil restaurant that offers vegan sushi only plus three different desserts. between ordering our meal and us eating it only two minutes passed by. all of the different variations we had were delicious and i can recommend this place to anyone, even if you don't eat sushi normally.

Pros: many different variations, very fast serving, affordable prices and friendly staff

Return to Dortmund Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MakiMaki Sushi Green closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.