First Review by cjb225

Good, simple, seasonal fare - Edit

Make Your Mark is a coffee shop run by a husband and wife team. It is a little difficult to find, but it's in the business section of Point Breeze. Most of the food is made on a panini press, and they have seasonal specials that change weekly. I wasn't impressed with the sides, but I thought that the quesadillas and paninis were very delicious. Also, the portions are reasonably sized so you don't leave too hungry or too overstuffed. The prices are a bit higher than you'd expect from a coffee shop, but the shop is in a nice, safe, upscale neighborhood.

There are very few, or maybe even zero options for vegans.

Pros: Safe neighborhood, Fresh, seasonal foods, Cozy, clean atomosphere

Cons: Hard to locate, A bit pricey, Limited or no vegan options

excellent vegetarian food (fresh & local) - Edit

I stopped @ ARTspace & Coffeehouse (a.k.a. MYM, for Make Your Mark) B4 I took my dog to the vet next door just to grab some coffee and was simply blown away. I never been inside but several of my friend go there regularly for coffee or lunch, and they all recommended the place. I ordered an Americano (they make it "dirty", which is the ONLY way to drink it) and a slice of their coffee cake not expecting anything at all...the dirty Americano was probably the BEST I ever had and that cake was so tasty. I got a magazine (they have a rack full of them) and spent about 30 minutes, while looking around admiring the place. The place was packed with customers but very clean (including their bathroom) and totally cool looking...you can even do some art and leave it on their magnetic board, which I did. They have FREE wireless (didn't have my laptop) and a guy sitting next to me told me that they just upgraded to FiOS. I took my dog to the vet and actually came back for lunch. The menu is completely vegetarian and their DAILY MENU is so diverse and I had a real hard time selecting something. I got their soup & a Panini, which were absolutely delicious and then finished w/ a fantastic forbidden-fruit smoothie.

I highly recommend this amazing cafe for their huge beverage selection (all of their coffees & tea are fair-trade & organic), the excellent quality, and the amazing food. The place has a lovely look & feel and the barista was so friendly (which they NEVER are in most coffeehouses).

So go there soon...you will not regret it at all (I am probably going to be there when you come in because I am addicted to this place now)

BTW, they also have French Presses for patrons to use. You pick the size, they the bean and they grind it for you right then & there, so it's so fresh. I think La Prima is their roaster...I am coming back for French Press coffee after Thanksgiving...cannot wait!

Pros: Delicious FOOD, FT/O Coffee & tea, Smoke-free PATIO

Yummy! - Edit

On a recent visit to Pittsburgh I searched "Happy Cow" for a vegan restaurant and found "Make Your Mark." Although not exclusively vegan, it was definitely vegan-friendly. I tried the sweet potato/black bean quesadilla -- it was a poem! Amy, the owner, and her staff were very accommodating to help me find menu items that would work for me. "Make Your Mark" is located in the beautiful Point Breeze section of Pittsburgh. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a light lunch or just a great place to sit and chat over coffee.

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Make Your Mark Artspace and Coffeehouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3716 times since Aug 2007.