Make Out

310-280-9355

9426 W Washington Blvd (at downtown), Culver City, California, USA, 90232

A raw-focused cafe by Matthew Kenney, opened Mar 2015 in downtown Culver City. On the menu are kelp noodles and bowls, raw snacks, smoothies, and cold pressed juices. Vegan except for honey. Confirmed open Apr 2016. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-7:00pm, Fri-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Honey

First Review by Vegtravel4

Raw food in Culver City - Edit

Read about this on happycow and thought I'd give it a try. I've been to Matthew Kenney previous venture MAKE in Santa Monica, so I knew a bit what to expect.

Well I have to say the kelp noodle dishes are quite tasty. My friend and I share a couple of those varieties. I also like their green juices (cold pressed, in bottles). For dessert my favorite is the raw cookie.

The space is simple casual, it's centrally located in downtown Culver City just behind Culver hotel. Good!

A lot of yum - Edit

Had the almond kelp noodles and the kale caesar salad, as well as a smoothie. The kelp noodles were great and very similar to what they serve at MAKE for a lot more. The kale was good, but the kale was kind of stiff and bitter; didn't seem to be massaged. The smoothie had a yummy flavor but I was disappointed in the consistency. Smoothies are supposed to be thick, possibly icy, and creamy. This was more like a juice with pulp. I expected a place that specializes in juice/smoothies to be better in that regard. Still, it's an awesome vegan (except for honey) place in Culver City and the quality of the food is well worth the higher price.

I do wish that they would have reusable plates/forks for those eating in. It seems like a big waste to have everything in throwaway or even compostable containers. Hope they fix that as they find that more people are eating inside!

Cons: a little expensive

Return to Culver City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Make Out closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1982 times.