CLOSED: Maikham Thai and Lao Cuisine

360-366-8193

1311 N State St, Bellingham, Washington, USA, 98225

Serves meat, vegan options available. Laotian and Thai food restaurant. Uses local and some organic produce. The owner previously ran a catering company in San Francisco. Will make dishes using vegetarian sauce instead of oyster/fish sauce, combined with loads of veggies plus tofu. Confirmed closed Sep 2017.

Categories: Thai, Laotian, Non-veg

First Review by Inikoblue

great food! - Edit

I got the peanut curry and really enjoyed it. Also I love the woman who works there! She is super sweet. Authentic Thai food!

A disappointment - Edit

I called ahead to ensure that they could accommodate a vegan soy free meal. The man on the phone was pleasant. He assured me that all the food was prepared on site and the sauces made to order. I was in fact pleased to find out that this is the case.

The woman at the counter seemed extremely unimpressed when I said I needed a vegan soy free meal and was not helpful. This was a complete contrast to the man on the phone the day before. She asked me to explain a vegan diet....which I did then she was short with me for clarifying that there was no fish in it. She was extremely helpful to my son who is a omnivore. They obviously not only prefer to cater to omnis but were quite dismissive to me.

I ordered the Pad Thai and it was flavorless. It was just some noodles, a few steamed vegetables and one sprig of cilantro. They didn't even try. I ended up not eating it.
They obviously can make flavorful sauces from animal products and are comfortable with that but they didnt even try when it comes to vegan food. I wouldn't go back.

This is rather unfortunate considering I was actually looking forward to the meal. My son by contrast enjoyed his meal.

Pros: Clean, Moderately priced , Plenty of parking

Cons: The vegan food wasn't edible , server seemed annoyed at vegan requesT , not comfortable catering to vegan diet

Return to Bellingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Maikham Thai and Lao Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.