Mai Thai

Contact 763-533-1877

3839 Lakeland Ave N, Robbinsdale, Minnesota, USA, 55422

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family-owned Thai food restaurant. Most dishes can be made vegan upon request, including the pad thai. Substitutes are tofu, mock duck, or vegetables. Ask kitchen to use a clean wok. Open Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by veganmarcy

Mai Thai is *splendid*! - Edit

I adore Mai Thai. It's my favorite neighborhood restaurant! Outstanding authentic Thai & vegan-friendly neighborhood cafe. Delicious & plentiful fresh-made food. Protein option set up is perfect for us vegans. Cafe manager Joy is devoted to fresh-made sauces & provides a spectrum of superb flavors. Red curry, cranberry curry, vegan eggrolls, vegan spring rolls - all *superb.* You easily choose your "heat" level for dishes. Joy provides a fresh/clean wok to guarantee vegan quality; she has been a tremendous hostess to our past Vegan Meetup dineouts & is a true ally and friend for our North Vegans dineout events. I always have in-town *non-vegan* friends come with me to Mai Thai - whatever they choose to order, they can have a taste of my vegan choices too. Everyone I have brought with me to Mai Thai has *raved* about what they ate; folks who visit Mai Thai with me become returning customers *on their own* afterward. I recommend Mai Thai enthusiastically: it is a perfect example of conscientious, delicious & healthy fresh-made international food, made with heart & served with truly welcoming friendly & caring dedication. Do yourself a favor & try Mai Thai a.s.a.p.! :)

Pros: Super vegan-friendly & respectful, Wonderfully friendly service, Dedicated to fresh, home-made sauces

Great Owner + Great Food - Edit

Great food and an open-minded owner who listens to her customers makes this one of my fav places in the Minneapolis area. Most any entree can be made vegan. Separate woks will be used if you ask and let them know you're vegan. Really, really great place. Pad Thai is great and really different as is the Cranberry Mock Duck Curry! YUM!

Best Vegan and Gluten-free friendly Thai food! - Edit

I once lead a Minneapolis Vegan Meetup dine out here and enjoy everything I order every time I return! The portions are huge and very affordable.

The owner Joy bends over backwards to provide vegan (and gluten-free) options and to make them delicious and affordable. They emphasize vegan and gluten-free options on their website. Just let your waiter know that you're vegan and don't want eggs, fish etc. The vegan options available for most of the menu are tofu, mock duck or vegetables. Gluten-free options are marked and plentiful.

I recommend the vegan versions of their spring rolls, Pad Thai & Fire Noodles dishes. The special dessert made for the meetup was also delicious (coconut milk-based sticky rice with mangoes). The free WiFi and free adjacent parking lot are very convenient.

I also love that I never need a reservation when I get the urge for yummy vegan Thai food. Living in North Mpls there aren't a lot of vegan options, and this restaurant borders North Mpls. If you're a regular your photo may even end up on their wall! That's how much they care about their customers. I love Mai Thai, and Mai Thai loves me back. :)

Pros: Authentic Thai food, Many vegan & gluten-free options, Free lot parking & WiFi

Cons: No delivery

Return to Robbinsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mai Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.