Mahider Ethiopian Restaurant

Contact 801-975-1111

1465 S State St Unit, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84115

Serves meat, vegan options available. In Ethiopian cuisine you will find vegan friendly dishes made with lentils, beans, and vegetable stews. Takes reservations. Tue-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm

Category: Take-out, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by genghisxshaun

Decent - Edit

I had the huge veggie platter that they offer here. It seems everyone loves this place but me lol. I thought the food was ok I didn't really love anything, but there were some that I really liked. but for the majority I did not like most of the food as I found it too oily, and some of it bland. I will say the service was great, I really enjoyed eating with my hands that was fun, and it is also very cheap here.

Pros: very cheap, great service, fun eating with hands

Cons: some foods bland , a lot of food oily

Tasty, unique, and affordable - Edit

If you haven't tried Ethiopian, check this place out. The food is served family style to be eaten with your hands. The dishes are primarily curries served over a sour thin bread (more like a crepe). For two, the vegetarian (actually vegan) plate will leave you both full and only set you back $10.

The business is family owned and friendly.

Pros: unique vegan food, affordable

Excellent Experience! - Edit

This is a small restaurant, with friendly people working there. It isn't fancy, but it is clean and nice. There are TVs playing music videos, and there is an area where some of the workers were burning some incense. It got a bit smoky in the restaurant from that - so beware if you don't like smoke or have allergies. The vegan food options are not specifically marked, but the entire "vegetarian" section is vegan, as well as some of the appetizers and the veg platter. We ordered an appetizer, but they were out of the ingredients, so they gave us another appetizer at no charge. We also had the veg platter, which was excellent. An veg appetizer and platter is plenty for 2-3 people to share. Really great value for the money spent - considering that you can easily share (as is customary with this food), it makes this place inexpensive!

Pros: Great food, Great people, Cheap prices

Cons: Vegan options not marked

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mahider Ethiopian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1008 times since Jan 2013.