Maharaja

Contact 15132642

Vodnikova cesta 35, Ljubljana, Slovenia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegedrom changed name to Maharaja in Aug 2015. Indian and Nepali cuisine restaurant offering some vegetarian dishes using seitan (wheat meat), tofu, soy cheese, vegetable stir-fry. Has a self-service salad bar. Large range of curries. Part of the restaurant has traditional seating on pillows around low tables. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Salad bar, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by FenVegan

Totally happy - Edit

away from the center, but easily reachable by foot, this gem if an authentic Indian and Nepali restaurant had amazing food and fantastic waitresses, very authentic themselves! Drop your shoes to sit down on the floor when yoy go for the left part of the place

Pros: A lot of vegan options.

Cons: no vegab deserts when we were there..

Great! - Edit

This place really satisfied my craving for Indian food. The waiter was very kind and helpful, pointing out all of the vegan options (which were clearly marked anyway), and we ordered quite a few things. There was a vegan samosa that we really liked, as well as an okra dish.
We will definitely be back to try some things from the Nepali menu.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Nice staff, Food with flavor and spice

Remote, but nice - Edit

This place is actually called Maharaja now. It is quite remote for Ljubljana, but Ljubljana isn't that big to begin with. I had the daily lunch, which featured a vegan main course, salad from the self service salad bar and a dessert which the waiter informed us contained milk.

The food was ok for a lunch, but not exellent. If you are close, then go there, but don't make the trip unless you have other business in the area.

Pros: Vegan option, Good service

Cons: Remote, Food just ok

Cute and Good - Edit

Googled a vegetarian place nearby and landed on this gem. It isn't called Vegedrom from the outside so I was confused, but inside I found out there were lots of vegan/vegetarian options. You get two menus to choose from, Indian and Nepalese food. The vegan options are labelled and there's enough to choose from!!
I had a curry with some naan bread and both were A-MAZING!!
We couldn't finish everything so we asked for a doggybag. Our waiter looked at us weirdly, but did it anyway. So nice!

Absolutely a nice and good place to eat.
Oh and the interior both inside and outside is amazing as well!!

Pros: great options, great taste, great price!

Cons: Don't know what it's called, outside the city centre, -

Return to Ljubljana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maharaja closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.