First Review by JonJon

Skip it! Bad attitude in a non-vegan friendly Cafe - Edit

I went today for having a vegan lassi as mentioned in one of the previous reviews.

Despite me asking clearly for a vegan lassi with "lait vegetale" (I had one months ago); I was given a normal lassi with cow's milk.
When I complained, the waitress reacted badly, telling me that it was my fault as I had ordered the "normal" lassi.
After engaging in a discussion that could've been avoided easily, she finally accepted her mistake.

As it seems they do not make vegan lassies anymore, I had a tea instead.

In summary, there are no clearly labeled vegan items in the menu; and on top of that, it seems that the staff doesn't understand what veganism is.

I don't know why this place is still here in Happycow.

Pros: nothing

Cons: not clear if they have anything vegan, bad attitude

disappointment - Edit

Inability to obtain information that is vegan or not .
It seems the team have changed andthe place is no longer vegan-friendly.
The waitress was nice but seemed to know nothing about veganism.
The place seem still OK for a vegetarian but not longer for a vegan.

Vegan lassi! - Edit

Cute little Indian cafe serving vegan lassi (precise you want the vegan option) and vegan food (vegetarian food is mostly vegan). One of the waiter is vegan and push for vegan options. You can have a vegan bento, vegan lassi and vegan vegetable rolls. I tried two lassi (mango and strawberry) and a veggie roll. Everything was tasty but I found the lassis a bit expensive (5,5 euros) since they are not huge. They also have vegan cakes and are in a central location in Paris. Give it a try!

Pros: vegan options, tasty food, central, friendly staff

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mahacafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.