Maguire's Pizza Bar

Contact 07535090636

77 Renshaw St, Liverpool, England, L1 2SJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small pizza cafe and bar with an informal atmosphere. Menu has a vegan section with a number of vegan pizzas, using mock cheese and meats. Starters and sides also available. Pizza is made to order right in front of you and can be ordered either per slice or per pizza. The bar also sells vegan cupcakes. Has gluten-free options. Shows wrestling re-runs and is also a gig venue. Possible to order in advance by phone. Open Mon 4:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Thu 4:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 4:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Rio93

Many vegan options - Edit

Obviously it is sad that this place serves meat, but it is a refreshing change to open up a menu in a veg-options venue and see a vegan-only section on the first page. There are several types of vegan pizza, some of which are vegetable based, whilst others have mock meat and mock cheese, and there are also vegan side dishes, and "pizza dogs." My partner and I shared the 15in "vegandary" pizza, with garlic knots, cupcakes and beer. The cakes and knots were amazing, but the pizza was dry and needed a lot more sauce. Service was good though, and fast, though on nights when they host gigs there can apparently be a bit of a wait. The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, but there was a band soundchecking in the adjacent gig space, so it was loud at times.

Pros: vegan section on menu, quick service, large portions

Cons: not fully veg, cash only, noisy

I'm addicted to their pizzas! - Edit

This was one of the first places I ate at when I turned vegan... and it holds a special place in my heart. Punk bar that has a very friendly and welcoming vibe... and a great selection of vegan pizza too! Vegan sides also available (garlic knots, nachos, garlic bread, mayo / sauces) and cup cakes for pudding. Toilets have interesting graffiti, makes a fun read whilst weeing!

Pros: Lots of vegan options., Great value for money. , Chilled vibe.

Fun venue with amazing vegan pizza - Edit

We were lucky enough to be in town when Maguire's was hosting their retro gaming night. We enjoyed some seriously tasty vegan pizza, drinks, and played some games very badly. The staff are really chilled and super friendly, the food is excellent and the clientele is a brilliant mix of people. Can't wait to go back next time I visit lovely Liverpool!

Pros: VEGAN PIZZA, VEGAN PIZZA, Great staff!

Cons: Might feel crowded to some people when busy

Vegan pizza punk extrema! - Edit

I wanted to give this place five stars but the website wont allow me to do so.....arrrghhh, Down with Thatcher!!! Honestly though, this is a regular haunt. Tasty vegan pizza and gigs a plenty go on here. One of the few venues left in Liverpool that brims with character.

Pros: Good vegan options, Punk gigs, Great staff

Cons: I got told off for drinking outside

Frozen is the word! - Edit

What to say? Frozen pizzas dough, frozen onions?????-Really?- frozen spinach, frozen peppers and NO side SALAD???????
Nice friendly staff but I had two slices of pizza then went off to Tesco to buy some fruit and veg.

Pros: Peanut butter filled pretzels

Cons: Frozen vegetables

MY FIRST EVER VEGAN PIZZA?! - Edit

When i went to visit my friend at Uni & she told me about this pizza bar which plays punk gigs & sells vegan pizza, I was so siked. So we took a trip & i ordered the veg-undairy pizza and it was amazing, the cheese was so good that i had to check with the girl at the bar if this was actually vegan cheese, haha. but yeah, anyway really cool place, I also love how it's decorated with an 80s theme! Will definitely pay anther visit when i'm back in liverpool

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Good music taste, Awesome 80s vintage theme

Cons: Sells meat & dairy, Needs bigger slices of pizza

Vegan Pizza - Edit

The first vegan pizza I ever tasted was from Maguire's - my boyfriends band happened to be playing a show there and we were happy to see a varied selection of vegan options on the menu! We all had variations of the vegan meat feast, and no other I have tried since can compare to this (a nicer type of fake cheese than standard seemed to have been used). While this venue does sell meat and dairy, the pizzas are made fresh in front of you and there's a nice assortment of cocktails, and live music of an evening.

Pros: Multiple vegan options!, Friendly Staff, Nice Atmosphere

Cons: Also sell meat & dairy

Maguire's, Liverpool - Edit

I'm a little surprised to Maguire's listed on happycow. I well recall that they do a vegan cheese pizza but as the other reviewer alluded to, there's a lot of meat on the menu. It's over a year since I've been though so others are better placed to comment on that than me.

It was nice to get a vegan cheese pizza but if reviewed clinically on the quality of the pizza rather than against there being no other vegan cheese pizza around to choose from, the pizza was OK but nothing great.

There's live music in the backroom. I could barely have a conversation due to the volume of the music. It's very much a dress down & unpretentious vibe.

Pros: vegan friendly

Cons: not 100% vego

Love this place! - Edit

Even though meat is served here, I just love it when vegan food sneaks up in the places you'd least expect! The pizzas are really good and almost all of the vegetarian menu can be made vegan with dairy free cheese. Everything is so tasty, such a nice place to go for a real vegan treat. The staff are lovely too with a few veggies and vegans working there. Great place, Thumbs up!

Pros: Vegan Cheese, Veggie options shown above meat options, lovely staff

Cons: Serves meat, dairy

Return to Liverpool Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maguire's Pizza Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.