CLOSED: Magnolia Cafe

Contact 519-766-4663

88 Yarmouth St (at downtown), Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1H 4G3

Vegetarian cafe with vegan and gluten free options including rice bowls and daily soups. Mostly organic and locally sourced ingredients. Live music Saturday evening. Free Wi-Fi. REPORTED LAST DAY OF BIZ WAS APR 2, 2015, PHONE NOT WORKING.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Canadian

First Review by dorisrumours

Wonderful on many levels - Edit

We stopped in here last weekend after having it recommended to me by a coworker; we were not disappointed at all! The food was fresh and delicious (great options for both vegans and vegetarians) and well thought out. The staff, including the owner Arvi, were very friendly, engaging and kind which made eating there all that much more special. They also have live music on different nights. Recommend the large house salad and fresh wrap but you likely can't go wrong with anything here; a must visit if you're in Guelph!
Updated from previous review on Friday August 08, 2014

Pros: Great food, Nice atmosphere, Amazing staff

Good but not outstanding - Edit

I had lunch here on a recent Saturday. The place is very inviting (lots of light, at least in the daytime) and not too large -- I'd guess it seats about 30 at most. If you just look at the board behind the counter, you'll think the menu is rather small, but in fact there's a printed menu with a fairly wide choice. (Note, however, that while it's very vegan-friendly, it is not vegan.)

The food was good, and it was good value, but the cafe wasn't up to the quality of the best places in its price range. Nonetheless, my feelings about the place are generally much more positive than negative. I'd gladly eat there again the next time I want a quick, informal meal in Guelph.

Great vegan lunch! - Edit

My husband and I enjoyed a really nice vegan lunch at the Magnolia last monday. I had the Magnolia Fresh Wrap with lemon-tahini dressing (yummy) while hubby (who is not a vegan) had the Red Dragon Rice Bowl with peanut dressing(also yummy). Both meals were $9.00. We also shared two vegan desserts (blueberry muffin and chocolate banana bread - $2.50 each) - both good. The desserts were perhaps a little pricey for their size but they were very tasty and vegan desserts are always a treat. Service was great (thanks, Rasha!) and it's nice to see the food being prepared in the bright open space of the cafe. A really nice vegan restaurant.

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Very friendly staff

Return to Guelph Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Magnolia Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3395 times since Jun 2012.