Mae's

Contact 0228-24263500

Konigstrasse 78, Bonn, Germany, 53115

Bonn's first vegan cafe opened 2013 and reported a change in ownership Jan 2015. Offers vegan sandwiches and meals, soups, cakes and baked goods. Open Fri 12:00pm-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by FrolleinWunderlich

not so good anymore - Edit

I loved to go to Mae's when it still belonged to the old owner. The brunch was great with a lot of options. The home made vegan spreads were delicious. You would even get pasta and cupcakes around/after midday. Now that the owner changed the place changed, too. But unfortunately not for the better. They've reduced the food you get for brunch to basically just fake cheese and cold cuts from the package plus scrambled eggs and some marmelade and stuff. This is a very boring and also rather unhealthy vegan breakfast. I miss the old Mae's!

Nice cafe and restaurant - Edit

The restaurant is in a great part of town and offers some tasty stuff, especially the desserts. The burger was really good and the fries were great. The schnitzel seemed to just be a TVP fillet but the accompanying mushroom sauce made it worthwhile. Very friendly staff and a decent amount of seating.

Pros: Vegan!, nice staff, nice part of town

Fantastic Vegan Food at a great price - Edit

Went to Mae's today and have to say it was delicious! I had the mozzarella tomato sandwich, which was made with a great crispy bread roll, fresh ingredients, a delicious pesto and a fantastic mozzarella substitute (probably the best I've had since going vegan!). My boyfriend (who is a meat eater) had the daily special which was a sweet potato burger, with a sweet chilli mayonnaise and a side salad. It was so good, even my boyfriend loved it (And he's usually pretty suspicious of vegan burgers or mock meats). As the lunch was so delicious, we decided to get dessert, so I had the hazelnut chocolate cherry cake and he had a chocolate peanut butter cupcake; both were super rich, very moist and absolutely decadent. I can't recommend this cafe highly enough and can't wait to go back to try more of their delicious menu :)

Pros: Great food, Great value, Great portion sizes

Cons: Wasn't sure where to order

Nice place - Edit

It was a nice place to go. I like the decoration inside the restaurant and the small terrace. The staff were very nice.
The food was good. I had a brocoli pie served with salad and a chocolate cake that was delicious but the slice was quite small (which makes it too expensive).

Pros: good food, friendly staff

Cons: small cake slices

Highly recommended!! - Edit

Great place, went there with my husband for lunch. We loved the food, prices are good, portion sizes very good. Also, the food was delicious, far above all other vegan places we tried in the area... The place is also nicely decorated and the staff very friendly.

Pros: great food, good value

cosy and tasty with talkative staff - Edit

Mae's is located in one of the most beautiful quarters of Bonn. The staff including the cook are super friendly and always engage in a little chat.
The food was outstanding! I had one of the best vegan lasagnes of my life at Mae's along with a very juicy cupcake.
total most-go-to café when you are in Bonn!

Pros: great lasagne, super friendly and talkative staff, cosy atmopshere

Amazing Setting - Edit

Amazing place with great food and drinks and lovely folks working there. Daily changing meals of the day. What can I say? I love it being a Maesian. ;)
Indeed my favorite spot to go out and have a great time. I travel 2 hours by Train, but thats totally worth it.
Keep on, being awesome.
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 07, 2013

Pros: Team, Food, Location

Cons: No Delivery, No 24/7 Service, No Franchise In The Ruhr Area

Erstes veganes Café/Bistro in Bonn - Edit

Hier findet man Bonns erstes veganes Cafe in Bonn. Alle Speisen sind mit Liebe zum Detail selbst hergestellt. Soweit möglich, wird wann immer es möglich ist, auf regionale Bioprodukte zurückgegriffen. Lecker, günstig, toll.

Pros: günstig, lecker, serviceorientiert

Return to Bonn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mae's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.