Ma'ed Ethiopian

Contact 31842453

Griffenfeldsgade 7, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2200

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian food restaurant in the city center offering some vegetable and lentil dishes. Be sure to say you want the meat-free version. Eat your food with injera bread. Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm

Category: Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by Ladan

Crave Ethiopian when shopping at Spidsroden? Go here - Edit

Laid-back vibe at this Ethiopian restaurant. The food was fine, and tasted similarly to the other Ethiopian food I've had.

There was only one vegan option, which made it easy for me to choose. I don't mind that at all, especially as you don't have to exclude anything.

If you like Ethiopian...! - Edit

Not having eatwn Ethiopian food before, this was an experiment for me.
The injera bread/pancake took a bit of getting used to for me, as wrll as this business of eating with your hands. But it went allright as you got over the fact that you were EATING WITH YOUR HANDS.
The restaurant in itself wasn't perhaps were you'd go on a date - it wasn't very cozy and it got rather loud in there with people talking and children running around. All in all it didn't seem as though they'd put much thought into the décor more than the posters from Ethiopia as well as other things/souvenirs on display.
Now, on to the food. I ordered the vegetarian dish which came with five different stews plus some salad. I especially liked the spinach one. I could however not get over the feeling that the food had't been prepared on site, but wasmed in a microwawe.
The variety of drinks wasn't all that big, but the staff was kind and there wasn't the slightest problem for them when I had to withdraw some cash from a near by ATM (as they didn't accept MasterCard).
Thank you Ma'Ed!

Pros: Good food, Nice staff, Service minded

Cons: Not very cozy, Food from microwawe?, Did not accept MasterCard.

Different experience - Edit

This place was cool. The staff was really friendly, the environment was warm. I was there just once. Their Spinat dish with Injera bread was good.

You can have a good & cheap meal at Ma'ed Ethiopian Restaurant.

Pros: Friendly Staff

Cons: More vegan options would be appreciated

2 Responses

Ladan I would edit my review soon :)
I think it is important that you give a neutral review som HappyCow ambassador in Copenhagen. Because we all have different taste of food. We were a vegearian & vegan group,16 persons that we ate there. Most of them like the food, but not me, the bread is not my taste and nor the food (Just their spinat dishes was ok)
And another reason I gave them just to star was there is not many vegan dishes on their menu.
I don't think I will eat at the restaurant again.

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ma'ed Ethiopian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1701 times since May 2014.