First Review by meghnaj

Not a very good experience, but food ok - Edit

On my last day in Nice I wanted to have lunch at Le Speakeasy, but checking HappyCow again, I noticed that they would be closed that day. So I decided for Madura, as this restaurant was located very close to my hotel, I had in fact walked past it several times without knowing that it was featured on HappyCow. However, my visit was a little disappointing.

I was welcomed with a fruit juice on the house, but that was about the only positive impression I got. It was very dark and uncozy, and although there were not many customers, I couldn't choose a table and was shown to one. Service was not unfriendly, but quite indifferent, although staff spoke English and answered my questions about the menu.
I chose a veggie rice dish with kumin seeds and didn't have to wait long. The dish tasted fine, but it was rather boring and not special at all.

The menu has English translations, but there are only a handful of vegetarian dishes of which only three or four are vegan, so altogether, not a large choice. The prices were really ok, though, I paid 13,50€ for a dish with rice and a drink, I think that was really cheap for Nice.
I still think that I would have enjoyed it more if it had been more comfortable, but it was just so uncozy and the seats so hard, so I was happy when I was done with my meal.
I think it's ok to have lunch here if you need a veggie meal close to the train station, but otherweise, there are much better options in Nice.

Pros: The food tasted ok, Good location close to the train station, Very affordable prices

Cons: Totally uncozy, Not a large choice of veg meals, My meal was quite boring

Return to Nice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madura closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1849 times since Apr 2012.