First Review by stever

Pretty good,but a bit on the too spicy side - Edit

I was in town for work and felt like some great Indian food. Madras Woodlands was nearby and vegetarian, so I pounced on it. Staff were very very friendly, an service was quite good. Prices were reasonable. I am a fan of spicy food, but found their dishes to be overly fiery.

When I told their server I was vegan, she was very responsive and smart... She said they would make my dishes without dairy/eggs... And let me know if a central ingredient was yogurt or something so I didn't order the wrong dishes. We had several kinds of paratha (all delicious and piping hot from the oven). The Gobi Manchurian -- one of my most favorite dishes, was just not that good. Fiery spices and not a lot of other flavor. Corn soup looked boring when it arrived, but was packed with flavor and yumminess (although, again, too fiery on the spice scale).

I'd go back in a heartbeat, but only gave them 4 stars because, while the food was good, it wasn't stellar.

When in the neighborhood,,, - Edit

My experience of this restaurant was by calling in an order for take-out. The friendly staff was happy I told them that I found out about them from this web-site. Although, I did do take-out, they told me that on week ends they have a buffet. I will have to try it sometime. This area of Queens and Nassau (Long Island) has it's share of Indian restaurants of many varieties and I found the food delicious and worth the trip.

Pros: Food, friendly staff

Good Food at a reasonable price - Edit

We have eaten there at least 5 times in the last few months. The food was consistently good and the menu was quite varied. They have a buffet a couple of times a week; the food was good but we found the same items every time.
highly recommended!

Return to New Hyde Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Madras Woodlands closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1717 times since Aug 2009.