Madras Restaurant

905-789-6600

2280 Bovaird Dr E, Brampton, Ontario, Canada, ON L6R 3J5

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mainly vegetarian restaurant serving South Indian cuisine with vegan options. Full menu online which includes a children's menu. Serves chicken. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Gracem

Vegetarian

Contributions +37

YUMMY Authentic South Indian Cuisine - Edit

I have ate here many times. My husband is not vegetarian or Indian and LOVES this place. They say they are 100% vegetarian. This is an Indian restaurant and what that means to Indians (and I am Indian and can attest to this) is that the restaurant is what is referred to as Lacto-Vegetarian (all items are free of meat, egg, fish). Items may contain milk and butter in particular. Vegans please clarify.

The foods is 100% authentic and my parents who travel often to India say their dosas (a South Indian dish) is very flavorful. The restaurant sometimes is a bit understaffed and you may need to wait a bit for the food, but it's WORTH IT! Also the prices are amazing and they offer on-site catering for your parties.

Pros: Very favourful, Great prices, Authentic food

Cons: Sometimes busy

Did not eat - Edit

I thought it would be nice to try this restaurant. Stopped in there after a visit to the Cheltenham Badlands. Asked about the vegan options - the women serving spoke so quietly that I could not hear her but I did understand that she was saying "pure vegetarian" and she did not seem to understand what a vegan was.

I asked a few times but could not get or hear if she gave me a straight answer. We left without eating.

I would rate this as a "0" if possible simply because I was unable get the server to relay to me if she understood that I don't eat milk, eggs, butter, cheese, honey… But the system does not allow ratings less than a 2.

Pros: Clean

Cons: Server who is impossible to hear, Server unclear about vegan options

Delicious dosas! - Edit

Went there with non veg friend and had such fantastic food! Wow! It was my first time trying dosa and I love it!
The restaurant is casual cafeteria style. Staff is very nice and explains everything on the menu. I followed advice and got Idly for appetizer and Masala Dosa. Idly came as delicious tender cakes with 3 dips. Masala Dosa was filled with fragrant, flavourful Masala style potato filling. It was an enormous serving, but I'm proud to say I demolished it in no time. Soooooo good!! I will definitely be back!

Return to Brampton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madras Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.