First Review by Masalaflower

Uh-oh... what's happening? - Edit

I've been there 10 times. I enjoyed it 8. the problem is, those were the first 8 times I went. I'm hoping it's just a coincidence. I'm hoping something hasn't changed in their process. I'm hoping the next time I go it will be as good as the first 8, and not as bad as the last 2.

Pros: food, buffet, service

Make sure it's vegan - Edit

This place can be OK, but it can be tough to get an accurate answer on what's vegan or not. Like much of Indian cuisine, ghee (clarified butter) pretty much seeps into everything, making Indian food perhaps the least vegan-friendly vegetarian out there. It seems like anytime my friends and I go in there, we get a different answer. If you want to be more certain, Clay Pit knows what vegan means, labels items on the menu, and is perhaps the best Indian place in town.

Pros: Vegetarian

Cons: Sketchy for vegans

100% Superb: vegetarian Indian Buffet lunch!!! - Edit

For the best veg indian buffet experience, this is the place and Austin is fortunate. Weekday buffet has, like, 10+ items on the buffet, and the main problem is how to balance curiousity and healthy eating! The Sunday buffet is a few dollars more, and well worth it... an extravaganza with more entrees and 'mini' (only a foot long) masala dosas delivered to your table. Sundays are like a festival, with many tables full of large parties, an incredible brunch experience. The Madras Pavilion management of this production is amazing... Evenings are often mellow there, and if you're on a budget, you can always enjoy a bowl of savoury soup with pappadums.

Pros: delicious food, dedicated staff, spectacular buffet

Cons: decor needs a lil tune up

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madras Pavilion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2594 times since Aug 2007.