Madras Meals

044-750-0438

816 Kamimarukohachiman, Nakahara, Kawasaki, Japan, 211-0001

Serves meat, vegan options available. Loads of vegetarian dishes, of which some are vegan or can be made vegan. Note: In Japan kitchens often stop serving 30-60 minutes before closing time. Call ahead to confirm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Indian, South Indian, Non-veg

First Review by VeganShinigami

Don't do it! - Edit

This was the worst eating experience I've ever had in Japan... and I've lived here for 14 years. It reminded me of India in all the wrong ways. My partner and I came out feeling a little off but little did we know, the worst was to yet to come. Nausea, dizziness, stomach feeling like it has a rock in it, mouth feeling like we just swallowed a bottle of detergent... It was hours before we felt normal again.

The taste of the food was also poor. We went on a Sunday and it was all you can eat day. They served up a plate of rice with tiny amounts of various curries amd soups on it but every on of them failed to hit the mark by a long way. One plate of food wasn't nearly enough so we went for another... we definitely regret that now given how sick it made us feel.

The shop is really tiny and there were only 2 other parties in there, mostly foreigners. We can only guess the food had been there for way too long, or that they use too many ingredients from India that just aren't clean... or that the Indian chefs need a few lessons on first world hygiene practices. Either way, it isn't suitable for Japan - we can see why the locals don't eat there. Skip it at all costs.

Cons: Bad food in every sense of that term

Excellent food and fantastic staff! - Edit

Awesome restaurant run by some super friendly people! Let them know what your dietary requirements are they will be more than happy to oblige! The food is really delicious, and well worth the trip!

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Great staff

Return to Kawasaki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madras Meals closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.