First Review by davidfw1866

Amazing food & Customer Service. - Edit

They have TONS of vegan options. A friend and I ordered about $40 worth of food, about 3 appetizers, 4 meals and a dessert. This was amazing and authentic Indian food, reminds me of food my grandmother makes and Indian food you find in Brooklyn, New York. The place is strictly vegetarian, no meat or eggs. When I called they spent time on the phone with me, telling me what was vegan and their recommendations. I can't speak to the facility itself because I had the food delivered, and the man who delivered it was so sweet. This place was a nice find for my long stay in Houston TX.

Pros: amazing food, low price , great customer service

We'll be back, no question - Edit

We went for our first visit Saturday evening of Memorial Day weekend. When we arrived, it was empty but cooking sounds as well as good aromas came from the kitchen in back. Seeing an "order here" sign over the counter, we took menus to a booth, and as we pondered our choices, the place began to fill up, with both sit-down and take-away customers. We seemed to be the only non-Indian folks, probably a good sign.

Ordering was easy enough, and while doing so, I saw on a whiteboard next to me an item I had to try: "lemon masala soda." It was an unexpected treat, and I'm still thinking about the blend of spices and flavors in my lemonade. Intriguing! I liked it. But not as much as we enjoyed our malai kofta, vegetable biryani with yogurt and garnish, plus the added roti and a side of garlic naan. Mmm. Oh, and we couldn't resist getting some sweets to take home.

We're going to have to return many times to work our way through the entire menu. It's a small place, and not fancy, which suits me just fine. And as far as I could see, there was no styrofoam. (But I almost always bring my own reusable containers for leftovers.) I see on their website that you can order online, too. We might try that, but I enjoyed sitting among other happy diners.

Pros: flavor and freshness, happy owners, variety of vegan choices

Good but Dead - Edit

The food is good, but the place is dead, even at lunchtime.
The first time I went, the restaurant was closed at 11:30 am, and I didn't go in.
The second time I went, I was the only person there at noon on a weekday.
Like I said, the food is good, but expect to be the only diner.

Pros: food, price

Cons: atmosphere

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madhuram Mirch Masala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3648 times since Mar 2009.