Madera's

562-598-0401

3642 Katella Ave, Los Alamitos, California, USA, 90720

Serves meat, vegan options available. A steakhouse but has added a separate vegetarian-vegan menu in 2016, posted online and at the restaurant by request. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by xmrfigx

Best Vegan Ribs! - Edit

If Happy Cow allowed a 5 star rating on a non-veg restaurant I would have given Maderas 5 stars! I ordered the vegan ribs with sweet potato fries and green beans and it was truly one of the best meals I've ever had! Our waitress was excellent and the atmosphere was great. Not all of their sides are vegan so double check if you aren't sure! I highly recommend Maderas!

Now you can go to a steakhouse! - Edit

I'm not strict, but I do miss the ambiance, etc. of a decent steakhouse, and all that goes with it. But at Maderas, I'm not reduced to just salads and fries; we can get vegan ribs or chicken... yahoo! Its not bad fair either; the sides are awesome too! Just be careful and aware that most of the sides aren't vegan, just ask!

Pros: vegan ribs!! steakhouse ambiance

Cons: must ask for veg/vegan menu

Added veg friendly menu - Edit

This is a steakhouse that I thought I would never go to again, after going vegan last September.

When I found out my wife's family wanted to go there to celebrate Father's Day with my father-in-law, I was prepared to find a nice (but boring) salad. To my surprise, they recently added a veg-friendly menu with items like BBQ soy ribs, BBQ vegan pulled chicken sandwich and vegan chicken enchiladas. Many other options were available but that is what my wife, daughter and I decided on.

The rib portion for the "full rack" was quite large! I had my father and brother in law try them and they were shocked at the meaty texture. They were definitely a hit! I also had a taste of the enchilada that my wife got and it was very flavorful. I did not get to try my daughter's chicken sandwich but she definitely enjoyed it!
While I would prefer a full vegan menu, it was great to see that they have made an effort by adding a pretty substantial veg-menu. You can find the veg menu on their new website maderassteakhouse.com

Pros: Separate veg menu, Great for omni/veg celebrations, Always great service

Cons: Pricey, Small parking lot

Return to Los Alamitos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madera's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.