Mad Spuds

Serves meat, vegan options available. Potatoes eatery. Has separate vegan/vegetarian menus. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by Gobbledock

Lozcriston

Points +639

24 Jul 2017

I don't recommend this place! - Edit

We ordered the vegan stack and vegan hot potato dish. Both specifically say vegan, we also mentioned it. I tried some of the hot potato dish, then double checked again that it was vegan - it was not. Non vegan mayo, and slaw. They took it back, and got me a "fresh plate" - it was not, they just took off those items and served the plate back. Regardless of the blunder, the food quality and flavours were not worth the price in my opinion. I recommend to skip this place.

EverydayTastiness

Points +2394

26 Dec 2016

excellent vegan breakfast - Edit

Outdoor seating available. The owner is very friendly. Vegan items are listed on the regular menu, but there is a vegan menu to make it easier. ask for it. The vegan stack is amazing and should be on the top of your list. The patty and beans are fantastic. So savory. My girlfriend loved her poached eggs and toast. She said they were perfect. She loved the latte as well. Recommend!

Pros: clearly labeled vegan, friendly owner

Cons: They charge an extra $0.20 for using a credit card

blinki

Points +538

04 Dec 2013

Best Breakfast - Edit

Vegan breakfast is really good. The flavours are so well put together, it's different from what you'd get anywhere else and very well presented- there's just obviously some real thought gone into it.

As a vegan, I'm not sure I'd go there for anything else though for vegetarians it's better.

Tas2ha

Points +27

Vegetarian
30 Apr 2013

Great potatoes - Edit

Loved the potato stack. A few vegetarian options. Coffee was alright

Pros: great potatoes

Cons: parking is a pain

Gobbledock

Points +102

16 Jan 2013

Excellent vegan breakfast! - Edit

This place offers one of the best, if not THE BEST vegan breakfast in Sydney. It consists of a polenta tofu stack with fresh avocado amongst other yummy goodies. I believe it's also gluten free. I went for breakfast with a group and everyone was jealously eyeing off my breakfast, because Mad Spuds makes the extra effort to make a vegan breakfast creative and exciting.

I haven't actually tried anything else on the menu, but I think there are a few other good vegan options.

The coffee is excellent too.

Pros: Vegan breakfast, Great coffee, Uses Bonsoy for coffee

Return to Surry Hills Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mad Spuds closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.