Mad Mex

724-741-5656

20510 Perry Highway, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, USA, 16066

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain Mexican food restaurant with bar. Ask to substitute with tofu or portabella mushrooms. Reported this location has tofu sour cream and vegan cheese - double check.

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by patrickbritton

Favorite place in PA - Edit

I have been going to Mad Mex for 20 years. I live in New England but grew up in Pittsburgh. This is a local chain. You can make pretty much anything vegan with daiya and tofutti sour cream. Their tofu with Asian Mexican fusion sauce is my fave in their tacos. I always add Portobello to make it even better.

Pros: tons of vegan options, cool atmosphere, great beer

Cons: music can be loud

Mad Mex, Cranberry - Edit

Great Mexican food with vegetarian options! My favorites are the fried tofu appetizer, and the black beanie quesadilla. Of course yummy guacamole too! Can get almost any menu item made with tofu or mushrooms instead of meat.

Pros: options, yummy, filling

Vegetarian Friendly but Mediocre - Edit

This was my first visit to the restaurant. The atmosphere was pleasant, the workers were nice and the overall experience was positive. The menu is very vegetarian friendly and lets you know what is or can be made vegetarian.

All of this means nothing if the food isn't good. It wasn't terrible, it just tasted like the cook seasoned it badly. I ordered the Herb O'vore's tofu tacos. The tofu was cooked well but marinated in a bar-b-que like mixture. That is the best I can describe it. It tasted decent but did not go well with the tacos. They were pretty bland as well, there was an odd flavor that overpowered the tomatoes that were in the tacos.

Decent place overall, I may or may not return to give them a second chance. It means a lot for me to find a vegetarian friendly place. Even with that, the food has to be good. Otherwise the options mean nothing.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Plenty of Menu Options, Fair Prices

Cons: Bland Food

Avatar veganmadre

veganmadre 22 Feb 2013 - I'd agree that the tacos aren't the best - but you should definitely give the restaurant another go! Try the vegan super mad mex enchiladas with tofu! Mmmm!

Return to Cranberry Township Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mad Mex closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.