• Mad Mex

Delivery
Take-out
Mexican
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican restaurant chain with outlets in Australia and New Zealand. Offers Baja-style Mexican dishes from burrito, quesadilla, and grande melt to ensalada, tacos, and nachos. Meals are made to-order and customisable with vegan options marked. Has vegan cheese and tofu rancheros filling. Black beans and guacamole vegan. Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Mad Mex
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by vegan888

HelloThere

Points +32

22 May 2023

Yum. Vegan. Nice staff 😃

Affordable (less than $15). Most food options can be made vegan. Vegan burrito, vegan tacos, vegan nachos etc. Tastes good. Option for vegan 'meat' or a vegan mixture of beans etc as the 'protein'. All meals are customizable, with the meal building process being like subway - choose the base (taco/burrito/quesadilla etc.), choose the protein, filling (e.g. lettuce, tomato etc.), cheese (vegan/not vegan), sauce (vegan peri mayonnaise available as well as mild/medium/hot tomato based vegan sauces). Decent serving sizes, much larger than most fast food joints (I found the burrito was a proper, filling meal size). Nice staff and the facilities at this joint were cool too. They had a whole dining area with a nice looking, practical layout. Only reason I haven't given a 5 star rating is because it is not a completely vegan restaurant (and happy cow prevents 5 stars if it isn't completely vegan/vego).

Pros: Affordable (less than $15), Quick, Lots of vegan options

kimmyeats

Points +347

24 Dec 2021

The staff don't know what vegan means

I had a horrible experience here. Ordered something with vegan cheese and they offered vegan sour cream which I said yes to. Half way through my meal I found out both weren't vegan. Man gave me a refund for only 1 of the things I ordered. He needs to teach his staff better.

Tiggy

26 Dec 2021

That is so sh*t! Finding out when it’s half finished.

vegan888

Points +98

29 Dec 2019

Who doesn’t love a good burrito?!

This is my son’s favourite place to eat. The staff there are super friendly and they have great vegan options. We eat here regularly.

Pros: Great customer service , Vegan chicken option is delicious , The kids love it