Mad Hatters Cafe

( 1 review )
570-731-7183

420 S Main St, Athens, Pennsylvania, USA, 18810

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe offering soups, sandwiches, paninis, salads, baked goods, and breakfast. Has vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian items; organic coffee and tea. Sells handcrafted gifts. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Tue 8:00am-5:00pm, Wed-Thu 8:00am-7:00pm, Fri 8:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Kayte

Yea! A cafe that caters to my dietary choices/need - Edit

I've only eaten here twice but have been happy both times. Especially happy to find a veg and gluten free/dairy free café in very rural area.
It's often hard to find a dish that is BOTH gluten and dairy free anywhere, and vegetarian. I found that here even if it meant holding the cheese. They are happy to accommodate. They offer GF wraps and GF bread. I remember having a southwestern style soup and a roasted veggie wrap. Friend had a meat sandwich and was satisfied. I haven't tried any GF pastries yet since the ones that were also DF didn't interest me. Personal taste. It's been some time since I've eaten here since I'm not in this town very often so don't remember what else I've had but I make it a point to stop when I am to support the business. It's a small café, cozy, and with good vibes. Highly recommend if in the area.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Food Options

Cons: Some uncomfortable seating, Don't be in a hurry if cafe is busy

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mad Hatters Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.