MAD Greens

2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy Ste 1215 (at Tempe Marketplace), Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85281

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quick service style eatery from Colorado. Makes salads and paninis. Could build-your-own salad. Open Mon-Wed 10:30am-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 10:30am-10:00pm, Sun 10:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Salad bar, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Very good! - Edit

There is also a Mad Greens at 1940 S Val Vista Dr #101, in Mesa, Baseline/Val Vista. It is close to Rumbi's and Smoothie King. I didn't take any pics. I forgot. :( I liked the food and the choices for a vegan.

Pros: Nutritional Info on their website, Staff friendly and easy to work with choosing vega

Cons: A little pricey

Healthy Made Yummy! - Edit

I visited this location on opening day, which was Thursday, 25Jun. They were offering free MAD salads all day (10:30am-8pm). The line was long, but they were well-organized and things moved rather quickly.

I got the Don Quixote salad. They were not allowing people to make any substitution really, but when I told them that I was vegan, they were very accomodating and allowed me to sub the meat for their Grilled Piri Piri Tofu, and instead of cheese I got green onions. I also switched dressings and got the Red Pepper Dressing instead of the non-vegan dressing that comes with it. I love the Red Pepper Dressing! Fresh baby greens, mangos, roasted corn, and avocado with MAD spice were all included in this salad, and this dish was SO good! From someone who does NOT fancy tofu, the flavor for theirs is very impressive. I'm a fan!

(There is a print out by the dressings which shows you which ones are vegan. Note: if it says "Vegan*" -WITH an asterisk sign, that means the dressing has honey. Pure vegan dressings will not have the asterisk. I suggest checking out their online interactive "allergen" menu; you can click everything that you want to omit and they'll produce a qualifying list of items. You can then click on each to see exactly what ingredients are used.)

Also, avoid all Paninis. Their sourdough bread contains whey.

They gave you a free drink with your free salad. I typically do not drink soda, but I was intrigued by the organic fountain sodas they had. I tried the Vanilla Creme and it was quite sweet, yet tasty. I liked it. (Side note for ice connoisseurs, they have crushed ice!)

The salads range from $8-$10 for a regular and $9-11 for a large, so it's a bit on the pricey side, but as long as they keep providing quality, fresh, and organic (the tofu is organic too) food, I don't mind shelling out a Hamilton every now and again for rabbit food.

This location is located in Tempe Marketplace, near the Harkins Theatre, next door to Cold Stone.

Updated from previous review on Friday June 26, 2015

Pros: tasty grilled, organic tofu, fresh, filling salads, Maine Root organic sodas

Cons: a bit pricey for a salad

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MAD Greens closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.