Macrovenus and Pan-Yakibito

Contact 03-34219399

Tokyo-to, Setagaya-ku, Daita 1-35-13, Tokyo, Japan, 155-0033

Macrobiotic bakery and café. Located a 10-minute walk from Umegaoka station on the Odakyu Line, walking distance from Shimo-kitazawa. All bread is made using natural yeast and without cane sugar. Address 東京都世田谷区代田1-35-13. May 2016 reported no longer offering lunch or dinner. May 2016 reported using eggs and dairy. Wed-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Knealey24

Ask about vegan items - Edit

When I visited there were some items available for purchase that used cream cheese. Exercise caution! When I mentioned being vegan the gentleman was incredibly helpful and pointed out the small selection of non vegan items for me to avoid. He then explained each pastry for me so I could better choose! All staff were friendly and the baked goods were creative and tasty. It's a little difficult to get to but the space is large and ambient and there is lots of choice! After walking past (and smelling!) so many sweet bread shops in Tokyo it was nice to go to a bakery with heaps of vegan options.

Pros: tasty, ample choice , ambient

Cons: not all vegan , hard to get to

So much choice. - Edit

If you like pastries and breads you are in luck, this gem is bread heaven. if you have been to Japan you know they like their breads soft sweet and this place does it so well, plus they have a more organic health lean to their baking so go there now! the owners are lovely and helpful too so be sure to pay them a visit. it's a little walk from Shimokitazawa or Shindaita but worth it!!

Pros: great breads and sweets, good prices, great service

oh my word - Edit

This place was truly amazing! Full Japanese menu however the staff were incredibly lovely and were more than happy to try and translate for us. 100% vegan and hands down the best pastries I've ever had. I definitely will be returning.

Awesome vegan bakery! - Edit

It's been a very long time since I've had fresh melon-pan, curry-pan, or croissants. I'm so glad there's an entirely vegan bakery with such a great selection so close to my family home in Tokyo! This bakery also sells some vegan items that are hard to come by in Japan, e.g., vegan margarine or curry mix.

Pros: It's 100% vegan (and they know what that means!).

Cons: Not sure if they speak English, and the signs are

Vegan paradise!! - Edit

If you're visiting Tokyo and only have time to visit one veggie restaurant, I'd recommend this place! Seriously, it is vegan heaven. They even have vegan mayo and french toast! Vegan bread is hard to find in Japan, so when I saw the whole shelf of bread and pastries and found out it was all vegan I went a bit crazy with excitement.

Menu is in Japanese, but the super lovely staff will translate for you. You get a lunch set of either curry, soy hamburger, soup or french toast, and it comes with a huge bread basket with even a mini croissant!! There is a little grocery attached with hard to find veggie items you can take away. This place is amazing!! To get here go to Umegaoka station and take the south exit, it's about a 10 minute walk.

Pros: lovely staff, wide range of bread and pastries, wide range of grocery items

Cons: that I don't live next door!!

Amazing. Go here! - Edit

This place is amazing. Easy to get to. Every bit of baked goods is perfect. We had the soy meat sandwich and French toast. I live in NYC and we have tons of French toast options, this place is the best I've ever had. It is perfect.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Macrovenus and Pan-Yakibito closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3369 times since Jan 2014.