REMOVED: MacKenzie River Pizza Co.

• Veg-friendly

Contact 406-721-0099

5210 Grant Creek Rd, Missoula, Montana, USA, 59808-1492

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of pizzeria chain. A wood carving of a bear greets you when you walk in. Offers a soy cheese pizza that you could get with veggie pepperoni and a selection of vegetable toppings. There's also salads, soups, appetizers, and pasta that are veg or can be made veg. Note that the soy cheese is listed on their menu under "toppings" is not vegan as it contains casein. Removed for poor vegan options. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by happycowgirl

Best vegan pizza in town - Edit

I asked and the soy cheese is vegan. I has a small pizza with olive oil, garlic and olives and it was fantastic. Will be a regular here. They also had veggie pepperoni, if you're into that.

Pros: vegan cheese, veggie pepperoni , multiple locations

Soy cheese is not vegan - Edit

The soy cheese at this restaruant is NOT vegan it is only lactose free. The crust is vegan, but the waitress really had no idea what veganism is. So I would steer clear of this place.

Cons: No vegan cheese

Satisfied my craving for vegan pizza - Edit

It's easy to get a vegan pizza here. I found the servers quite helpful and the toppings intriguing.

We got a pretty standard veggie pie with vegan cheese and it did not disappoint. Probably not a high-end pizza with amazing crust, but it was hot and well-cooked and yummy!

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan meat, lots of toppings

Great Pizza - Edit

You ever go to one of those restaurants that just makes you feel like you're on vacation? This is it.

Soy cheese pizza with a variety of different crusts to choose from and extremely impressive variety of veggies. Welcoming, friendly, fun. Note that the soy cheese is kind of buried in the menu as a 'topping' instead of being listed as one of the cheese choices. That is my only complaint about the place. I didn't notice it until *after* we ordered, so I had to call the waitress back and re-order which made me feel like I was being kind of rude (she hadn't put in the order yet, but still). Why not list it as a cheese choice?

Traveling through cattle country on a road trip, it seemed like every hotel and restaurant we went into is decorated with the heads of dead animals on the wall. What is with that? As soon as we walked into MacKenzie's, I knew we were in a good place. It has a slightly western theme but they do it in a humane way with a carved wooden bear at the hostess station, 'old time' jugs and bottles, an old school row boat hanging from the ceiling.

Montana deserves a standing ovation for having a restaurant chain like this.

Return to Missoula Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: MacKenzie River Pizza Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1726 times since Jul 2011.