CLOSED: M Cafe de Chaya

310-207-1122

11678 San Vicente Blvd (at /in Brentwood), West Los Angeles, California, USA, 90049

Serves fish, vegan options available. One of a few outlets in the LA area, this little cafe in Brentwood offers vegan food and fish. From mid-2016 it converted to grab-n-go style where food is ready-made and pre-packaged. Find bento boxes, salads, nori wraps, daily vegan soup, curry, a couple desserts & drinks. A few seats. Reported closed, Jul 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by eric

Japanese flavors - Edit

Was here November 2016 and here's my Brentwood M Cafe review.

The shop is little, and it sells various macrobiotic cooking supplies & ingredients. The food area is and grab and go style.

We got a few things to try:
- Vegan bento box, which contains tofu, rice, salad, and a few small sides.
- Day's soup was pumpkin flavor
- Cold soba noodle salad
- Curry with brown rice (fill up your plate style)

Overall, all the flavors were good. However, aside from the curry and the soup, the food (bento & salad) are quite cold since they sit in a fridge. If you get the cold stuff, I recommend letting them thaw a bit before ingesting.

Pros: good flavors

Cons: no more made-to-order sandwiches

California Club! - Edit

Just ordered The California Club (Vegan) and it was AMAZING! Highly recommend to all, I'll be back for seconds!

healthy food - Edit

A friend of us recommended this place to us, so we went there. It seemed quite fancy to me, but maybe that is just because of L.A. :)
I had a combo of two salads (beetroot quinoa!) and a soup. I liked the food and it tasted really fresh and pure, but the portions weren't that big and for that quite pricy. My friend didn't like the food, she said there was no salt and no seasoning at all. But if you want some healthy food where you can taste all the single ingredients Cafe M is a good option for you.
They serve fish though, so not a complete vegan place. They could change that.

Okay when close - Edit

Was here the other day with a friend and while I was happy to find this new location in Brentwood, it seemed much fishier than the other M Cafes I've been to. Additionally, was a little disappointed to not see fish denoted on the menu so one really needs to read to know what's vegan. It's a small space with about 7-8 tables.
The meal was pretty good, though a bit pricy. The two burgers we got included a side and were $11-$12 each. We had The Big Macro, and the Carolina-Style BBQ Seitan Sandwich. (see photos).
I probably wouldn't travel to this neighborhood for this, but it's a decent alternative and just kitty corner from Whole Foods.

Pros: All vegan except for fish, Tasty food

Cons: Pricy, Smells like fish

Return to West Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: M Cafe de Chaya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.