Contact 657-200-5933

9540 Washington Blvd (at downtown), Culver City, California, USA, 90232

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened Feb 2013, it's the second location of this healthier eating concept restaurant, co-founded by former McDonald's executive with menu co-created by vegan chef Tal Ronen. Offers vegetarian and vegan choices, such as vegan veggie burger, flatbread with vegan cheese, salads, hummus, and even vegan dessert. Selection of beverages made with fruit. CONFIRMED CLOSED, JULY 2016. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-9:30pm, Sat 8:00am-10:30pm, Sun 9:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Naan Cee

Nice space decent food - Edit

Ate here back in 2013 when it first opened and returned again August 2015. Here's my Lyfe Kitchen review update.

Located in downtown Culver City alongside a plethora of restaurants (across the street from vegan Native Foods), this restaurant itself is well-designed with simple modern decor, natural wood. The interior is really deep, and seating is divided into different styles/areas from hard chairs to soft sofas to outside as well as a somewhat private alcove in the way back.

The original menu had separated the vegan items, but the new menu combines non-veg with veg, but does denote which dishes are vegan.

On my recent dine-in here, our party shared:
- edamame with veggies platter (good)
- kale banana smoothie
- ginger pomergranate lemonade
- Lyfe veggie burger (yummy)
- ancient grain stir fry (poor)
- soy cappuncino (too watery)

Overall the food is well-priced, and the restaurant is attracting a lot of folk working in the vicinity of downtown Culver.

Pros: plenty vegan choices, great space

some good options for vegans - Edit

I was happy to try this place again after a couple years. although I'd rather support native foods across the street as a vegan, if you have non veg friends this is a great place. prices are decent and food was all pretty good.

Pros: Nice space, vegan options

Lyfe Kitchen- Culver City - Edit

I stopped to look at the menu, and decided to try this restaurant. The food was okay. I feel, I could have made an equally good recipe at home. The smoothie was okay, too. I didn't order a lot of food, and I was alone, dressed casually. I left a moderate tip. As I left, I heard someone yell out, "go home". I laughed, I think there is some stress at this place.

I Like It - Edit

I can walk to Lyfe Kitchen from where I live and I was excited to see them open. It's a great place for lunch outside under their terrace. You can also bring your meat eater friends since they have three separate menus to cater to as many dietary choices as possible.

My husband was not so much a fan because he doesn't like vegan places that use Gardein proteins instead of making their own. But I don't mind that so much and overall I liked eating here. Wouldn't necessarily do dinner here as the ambiance is very casual.

Oh and good beer selection :-)

I'll be back! - Edit

Really like the ambience of this establishment. Very spacious & open & a variety of comfortable seats to choose from. The outdoor patio looks nice as well although it was a bit to chilly for me when I went.

I ordered the vegan breakfast burrito with tofu & Gardein sausage. The size was appropriately moderate & was pleasantly tasty with a bit of spice. It came with fresh salsa & a rammikin of fresh berries. I also got the 99 cent chia water which was a pint sized glass & came with mint & strawberries. A mild refreshing drink.

This is a place I could come to with my omnivore friends & I believe everyone would be happy. It seemed to be a place that would serve consistently good food- both in taste & quality.

Pros: atmosphere, chia water, ample seating with good music

Cons: none that I noticed

delish! - Edit

The food here is very good. A little pricey but definitely more gourmet than I expected. They just opened so the staff seems a little not all together or too many standing around but the decor is modern and inviting. I enjoyed the veg options and speciality drinks. They do serve meat here, fyi but extremely veg and gluten free friendly.

Return to Culver City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: LYFE Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1426 times since Feb 2013.