Lyfe Kitchen - Chicago

Contact 312-836-5933

413 N Clark St (at River North area), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60654

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened Nov 2013, it's the 4th location of this healthier eating concept restaurant. Offers a separate vegan menu with range of choices including flatbreads with vegan cheese, soups, salads, quinoa crunch wrap, Gardein chickn burger, mains like risotto and ravioli. Selection of refreshing beverages made with fruit and chia seeds. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Newton Ville

Very vegan-friendly and gluten-free-friendly - Edit

I am so happy to have discovered this place. There is a whole menu for vegans ... and it isn't just a few options, there are probably 20 items to choose from. When going to a non-vegan restaurant, I am used to quickly scanning the menu for the one (or possibly two, if I'm lucky) items I can eat and going with that. So I am not used to having so many choices and I love it!

I got the vegan scallopini, which was excellent and only about 500 calories for a full meal.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Gluten free friendly, Healthy

Cons: Expensive

fantastic! - Edit

The food was so good and affordable! There is a vegan menu, gluten free menu, and an everything menu. Lots of sitting space and just overall a great place that I would recommend!

Pros: affordable prices , good food, a lot of vegan options

Ready to go back again. - Edit

Terrific service and great vegan options! Plenty vegan choices all the way to dessert. I've enjoyed every dish I've tried.

Pros: Plenty options. Quality food. Great service.

Cons: Not the cheapest place, but you get quality. I'd

Great food in a relaxing atmosphere - Edit

The meal I ordered was fantastic, penne with mushrooms and a cashew cream sauce. I took a bite before realizing it contained Chicken. The mix up was fixed as soon as I realized it, but it was too late. I'm not used to having to inspect my food before I start eating, especially when it comes from a veg specific menu.

Pros: great taste and variety

Love This Place - Edit

Lyfe is great. They have a completely separate menu with veg items that has a nice selection. The morning veggie breakfast wrap with tofu, veggies, and Daiya is so good. Every item on their menu is under 600 calories and there are many healthful items, so it is very easy to have a nutritious meal. I will say that my my hail kale ceasar salad weirdly had very little kale in it, but it was tasty anyway. Garlic lime tofu can be added to any salad, and it's quite good. I enjoyed this place in Chicago and am glad to see that their are locations in other cities as well.

Pros: Separate veg menu, Super yummy vegan breakfast wrap, Healthful options/portions

Great breakfast spot! - Edit

With breakfast being the most difficult meal for me, this spot was perfect! Their tofu scramble wrap is filling and very tasty (tofu, tomatoes, daiya cheese, arugula, and sausage.) They also have oatmeal and spicy potatoes. Didn't have any smoothies but there are many to choose from.

Good Food and Good Service - Edit

The layout of the restaurant was confusing because we didn’t realize that we entered from a side door. We were fine once an employee set us on the right path. Separate menus are available for vegan/vegetarian items. We arrived at 10:59 am, just in time to order breakfast, which ends at 11:00. My husband and I each had the breakfast scramble. It was very tasty but small for the price. The staff was attentive and helpful. Water is offered chilled, ambient and sparkling.

Pros: Separate menus for vegan, etc., Helpful staff, Clean, open atmosphere

Cons: Small portions

Lots Of Vegan Options - Edit

Not a vegan restaurant, but vegan options are clearly indicated, and they have specialty menus available that list just the vegan (or just the gluten free) items.
You order at the counter and the food is brought to you. We arrived a little before noon and the food was ready very quickly.
Tofu tacos were delicious.
Kids had Gardein chicken tenders; nothing special, but it kept them happy, as did the vegan chocolate chip cookies.
Definitely will try again.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Prompt Service, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lyfe Kitchen - Chicago closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2165 times since Nov 2013.