Lyfe Kitchen - Chicago

Serves meat, veg options available. Opened Nov 2013, it's the 4th location of this healthier eating concept restaurant. Offers a separate vegan menu with range of choices including flatbreads with vegan cheese, soups, salads, quinoa crunch wrap, Gardein chickn burger, mains like risotto and ravioli. Selection of refreshing beverages made with fruit and chia seeds. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
413 N Clark St (River North area)
Chicago, Illinois 60654
312-836-5933

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Newton Ville
Scott Grenerth
Scott Grenerth

Ready to go back again.

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2016

Terrific service and great vegan options! Plenty vegan choices all the way to dessert. I've enjoyed every dish I've tried.

Pros: Plenty options. Quality food. Great service.
Cons: Not the cheapest place, but you get quality. I'd
AmiMIchelle
AmiMIchelle

Great food in a relaxing atmosphere

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2015

The meal I ordered was fantastic, penne with mushrooms and a cashew cream sauce. I took a bite before realizing it contained Chicken. The mix up was fixed as soon as I realized it, but it was too late. I'm not used to having to inspect my food before I start eating, especially when it comes from a veg specific menu.

Pros: great taste and variety
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Love This Place

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2015

Lyfe is great. They have a completely separate menu with veg items that has a nice selection. The morning veggie breakfast wrap with tofu, veggies, and Daiya is so good. Every item on their menu is under 600 calories and there are many healthful items, so it is very easy to have a nutritious meal. I will say that my my hail kale ceasar salad weirdly had very little kale in it, but it was tasty anyway. Garlic lime tofu can be added to any salad, and it's quite good. I enjoyed this place in Chicago and am glad to see that their are locations in other cities as well.

Pros: Separate veg menu, Super yummy vegan breakfast wrap, Healthful options/portions

theamundell
theamundell

Great Vegan Options

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

Very clear vegan only menu with a LOT of options.

Very nice atmosphere, decent prices and very friendly staff.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, TASTY
shelville
shelville

Great breakfast spot!

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2015

With breakfast being the most difficult meal for me, this spot was perfect! Their tofu scramble wrap is filling and very tasty (tofu, tomatoes, daiya cheese, arugula, and sausage.) They also have oatmeal and spicy potatoes. Didn't have any smoothies but there are many to choose from.

twovegans
twovegans

Good Food and Good Service

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2015

The layout of the restaurant was confusing because we didn’t realize that we entered from a side door. We were fine once an employee set us on the right path. Separate menus are available for vegan/vegetarian items. We arrived at 10:59 am, just in time to order breakfast, which ends at 11:00. My husband and I each had the breakfast scramble. It was very tasty but small for the price. The staff was attentive and helpful. Water is offered chilled, ambient and sparkling.

Pros: Separate menus for vegan, etc., Helpful staff, Clean, open atmosphere
Cons: Small portions
lifekey777
lifekey777

Ok, food ....

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

I visited this place while in Chicago. The food was ok, the service was good. Nothing to really get excited about, but I am thankful for any vegetarian or vegan spot I can find.

Pros: cust service
Cons: ok food
Newton Ville
Newton Ville

Lots Of Vegan Options

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2014

Not a vegan restaurant, but vegan options are clearly indicated, and they have specialty menus available that list just the vegan (or just the gluten free) items.
You order at the counter and the food is brought to you. We arrived a little before noon and the food was ready very quickly.
Tofu tacos were delicious.
Kids had Gardein chicken tenders; nothing special, but it kept them happy, as did the vegan chocolate chip cookies.
Definitely will try again.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Prompt Service, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dear Owner and Manager of Lyfe Kitchen - Chicago: