Luv Burger

Contact 506-8482-7829

Local 2, Patio Colonial, Playa Samara, Samara, Costa Rica,

Fast food vegan restaurant serving soy-free burgers with house-made sauces plus salads, raw soups and desserts, pizza, and other changing specials. Est. 2013. Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Raw, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by KellyChilds

Best Burgers in Costa Rica - Edit

The Burgers are extremely delicious. If you visit this Restaurant you HAVE to try them. The other things were also quite good but not as good as the burgers though. The atmosphere is nice and calm and the people are friendly. Super cute cats running around.

Pros: The burgers, Good alternatives for people with intolerances, CATS

amazing food! - Edit

Everything we have tried was absolutely delicious! I wish we had stayed a little longer so we could have sampled some more dishes of their amazing menu. Nice atmosphere and staff. The Cocobacon was a revelation. If you're lucky you can buy it to go in the little shop that's attached to the restaurant.

Pros: great food, chill location, friendly staff, restau

Cons: one menu item had honey in it, so not 100% vegan

Great experience - Edit

At the entrance of Samara I was happy to see the vegan sign from LuvBurger - the next 4 days I went there to have a Smoothie for lunch and a menu for dinner.
Especially the Monkey Smoothy, the Spring Rolls and the burger with coconut bacon were amazing. The people where very polite in answering my questions about used oils, fats and gluten. If it were a franchise I would totally open a LuvBurger here in my country. :)

Pros: Great Food, Nice Place, Friendly Staff

Cool little place, great food - Edit

Cozy little place back in a courtyard. There are signs so keep an eye out for them. It is one of the last buildings on the main road from the beach. We ended up eating there twice in one day it was so good. Really good juice that was huge. Had a Coconut Bacon burger that was excellent. Cool staff that would hang out and talk with you. Best or second best meal the whole trip. Veggie heaven. All vegan.

Pros: staff

Amazing food! - Edit

This is some of the best vegan food I've ever had and the people that work there are hospitality defined. You will feel right at home and probably miss the feeling you got here as much as the delicious vegan food!

Pros: Friendly people, outstanding food.

LUV everything! - Edit

While we were in Samara, we ate at Luv Burger everyday and were thrilled about every single meal. Breakfasts were filling and delicious. The vegan pancakes do have honey so be sure to ask to have them without that. Gallo pinto and casado are excellent. Ask for their homemade hot sauce. The yogi bowl is packed with veggies and flavor and it's a nice change of the similar rice & beans or veggie burger flavors. My favorite things are the B.L.A.T. (because their coconut bacon and cashew cheese is great) and kombucha. Only (minor) cons is that the service is meh and there never seemed to be yucca fries. The sweet potato fries are not really worth it. Overall, LUV it!!

BEST vegan burgers! - Edit

It's my first time in Samara for years. Prices were a little expensive ($8 for a smoothie WTF) and the staff didn't give a good service, they were really quiet with almost no interaction.
But I ate a Philly Cheeseburger and it was AMAZING, 3 years being vegan in San Jose, traveled to US twice and it was the best vegan burger I've ever had. Preferred place in town, a lot of options in the menu and there was a cute cat!

Man this place has changed... - Edit

I come and go from Samara a few times a year, and I've always enjoyed LuvBurger several times each visit, great salads, great empanadas, and great burgers. But that has changed. First they moved, that was cool, then they lost their cook. That was not. The food changed. It's still basically the same but the flavors have changed, they've lost the dynamic mixtures of flavors and style. Somehow, although I'm sure they've kept the same recipes, it's just not the same. I don't know if they changed the rest of the staff too, or if things just change sometimes but the new staff is really distant, I didn't feel the same connection. So disappointing.

Pros: Vegan, Peaceful Atmosphere, Wi-Fi

Cons: Food's bland (nutritious but bland), Sometimes a wierd vibe

Delicious Healthy Fresh Yum! - Edit

Eat here!!! Fresh, organic resources and local flavors creatively used to make delicious, satisfying, and super healthy vegan (and gluten free) dishes. Perfect fuel for surfing. My friend is far from vegan but we seriously ate here every day. They make their own kombucha, which is some of the best anywhere, as well as filling, healthy, fresh amazing tasting smoothies. They have wifi and its set in a sweet little patio. Loved the casado, gallo pico, vegan pancakes, and coconut bacon cheese burger.

DELICIOUS 100% Healthy, Vegan, YUMMM - Edit

Wow! What a breathe of fresh air in Costa Rica. Samara is this very cool, town and appears to be very health-centred with a lot of veg/organic places. Luv Burger really stood out though.
The food is simply delicious. 100% Vegan. Nothing processed like Daiya Cheese - they make their own cashew cheese and also make their own coconut bacon.
We will return every day until the end of our holiday….
Thank you so much for being such a welcome retreat for us starving vegans and then some.
Superfood Smoothies. Delicious Vegan Ice cream….xo

Pros: Whole non-processed vegan food, pancakes!, Burgers!

Cons: NONE

Return to Samara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Luv Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1383 times since Apr 2013.