Vegan-friendly
Organic
Mediterranean
Beer/Wine
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic restaurant and pizzeria offering around 14 vegetarian dishes which include 4 vegan starters and 2 vegan mains. Will also make a surprise vegan special on request. Open Mon-Sun 12:00-23:00.

Venue map for Lusitania
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by KyranCressey

TaraYoung

Points +74

10 Sep 2023

Amazing vegan dish

I always loved this restaurant before I went vegan so I was delighted to find out that they had vegan options. I was so impressed with the chef's recommended seitan with risotto. It was so delicious! The menu also highlighted which wines were vegan and also two vegan desserts.

Pros: Vegan wine options, Tasty dish, Vegan dessert

jessjessxx

Points +209

31 Jul 2023

Nice place

Lovely setting but a lot of flies buzzing around (not the restaurants fault I know, but annoying none the less). A few vegan options including starters, mains and desserts! I went the the mushroom tempura starter, loved it! Very tasty but that was the best part of the meal for me unfortunately. I had the seitan steak with miso with the risotto as my main and just found it way too heavy on the miso it was extremely salty, for my taste anyway. The risotto it came with was nice though. I had raw chocolate cake to finish which was ok. The staff were friendly and knowledgable. Would visiting again but I would void the main I had this time.

Pros: Good Options inc. starter, main and dessert, nice setting

Cons: a lot of flies

SolarCola

Points +94

06 Jun 2023

Great experience

Over the course of my meal I tried the tomato bruschetta, the orange tofu (after seeing so many rave reviews on here) and finished with the vegan cake. The cake itself wasn’t described on the menu, I imagine it regularly changes.

I didn’t ask what the cake was and decided to embrace the surprise of it. I was delighted to receive some sort of Snickers-esque peanut and chocolate brownie with a peanut caramel sauce and raspberry sorbet on the side.

I really enjoyed all three courses and if needing to persuade meat eating friends, the rest of my table all opted for meat or fish dishes which all looked good and I was informed were tasty.

melowen

Points +34

08 May 2023

AMAZING FOOD!

I had the orange tofu but there’s also lots of other options too (I am a fussy vegan) I would really recommend the atmosphere/ food/ staff! I’m so impressed!

melowen

08 May 2023

It came with quinoa and salad I would have asked for chips or rice personally but didn’t know

IsauraArouca

Points +128

18 Mar 2023

Melhor sítio em alvor

Adoro os pratos vegan. São bem confeccionados apresentação espectácular.

Pros: Tem sobremesas vegan, Organic, Bastante espaço decoração óptima

Cons: Um pouco caro mas vale o valor na minha opinião

shaquoiag

Points +32

29 Jul 2022

Incredible vegan food!

This restaurant has a handful of vegan options that are all so incredible! I’m not a huge fan of seitan but the waiter recommended it so decided to give it a try. It was hands down THE best seitan I’ve ever had! It’s homemade and the process take 14 hours. Incredible. I’d give this restaurant 5 stars if I could. They also have vegan desserts. Eat here!

Pros: Many vegan options and vegan dessert

danbambeno

Points +230

18 Jun 2022

Really nice.

I had the seitan dish lovely. And the missis had the tofu dish also very good. Excellent spot would recommend.

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-18

Pros: Organic food, Decant vegan options

NielsKoops

Points +37

23 May 2022

Very good seitan “steak”

Very nice meal and the vegan cake as a dessert was very good as well. Plus they have a few more options. Good location as well..

Hummuuuuus

Points +1274

15 Apr 2022

Good

Not all the staf knows what vegan is
The orange-tofu was good

Pros: Tasty, Good located

Cons: Vegan options not marked in the menu, Not all the staf knows what vegan is

Nitsolala

Points +38

13 Apr 2022

Best vegetarian restaurant in Alvor

They have an amazing vegetarian/vegan selection of food, I had the chef special of miso marinated seitan with mushrooms and black rice - literally so good! The staff are super friendly too and made me feel so welcome. If you’re vegetarian I highly recommend the fruit crumble- to die for, amazing!

Pros: Healthy vegan and vegetarian options , Waiters are so friendly and attentive , Delicious and hearty portions

CloudyKuzze

Points +40

16 Nov 2021

High recommendation!

It tasted like they would cook only vegan food. We had a very good starter with portobello mushrooms and as main dish tofu with a fantastic basilic-orange sauce and one with a homemade seitan steak mushroom- onion sauce. Very friendly staff. High recommendation, when you are in the area.

Pros: Many vegan options

Cons: -

FranciscoSilva

Points +25

20 Sep 2021

Amazing vegan food

One of the best vegan courses we have ever tried, with a very nice staff also. It is possible to have a full vegan meal (starters, main plate and dessert)

Pros: Really cozy space

BeverleyBond

Points +165

19 Aug 2021

Lusitania Alvor

Very well run restaurant with good tasty vegan options. For pescetarians, the scallops are amazing.

ShannonVR

Points +26

28 Sep 2020

Tasty vegan options

We visited here 3 times on our stay, both the 2 vegan options were very tasty, the tofu option may leave you needing you a little bit more but if you have a starter you should be fine. The staff were very friendly and they genuinely wanted to know how we enjoyed our vegan meals. Great place to come to if travelling with different dietary requirements.

Pros: Interesting vegan options

HetuneVipin

Points +13

07 Sep 2020

Great veggy option in Alvor

Cozy place with nice staff. The restaurants had many vegan options however I found the portions kind of small. The food was delicious and looking superb

ViviDias

Points +81

21 Aug 2020

Super delicious

Tastefull dishes and very good service.

MhairiCampbell

Points +127

23 Oct 2019

Nice ambience

Beautifully decorated and friendly staff. They have some vegan options on the menu. Had mushroom tempura to start with seitan with risotto and vegan ice cream to finish off. Food delicious and well.presented.

empem

Points +92

16 Sep 2019

Had a lovely meal😋 The Seitan steak, tasted delicious. Would highly recommend.

The food was well presented..
Happy cow app has been very useful finding vegan places to eat in the Algarve...

Pros: Good vegan options, Friendly staff, Cosy, pretty surroundings

TiagoDasNeves

Points +54

01 Sep 2019

Family dinner

Very well decorated restaurant by the riverside.
Amazing food, really enjoyed it.

Pros: A good number of vegan options, Very friendly staff, Great environment

Cons: Somewhat expensive

pmcg

Points +20

29 Jul 2019

Very good vegan options on menu well presented and fresh and very tasty

Walked past this place many times didn’t realise had vegan options until I checked happy cow. Probably the best vegan food option in Portimao /Alvor although the street food guy in the Port is really good
Service was efficient and friendly until near end of meal but overall highly recommended

Pros: Both orange almond tofu and seitan meals excellen, Friendly staff, Excellent location on Main Street In Alvor

Cons: Service got slow towards end of meal

seanlochrin

Points +130

06 Jul 2019

Great meal!

Had a great experience here had two starters and the two mains with a vegan bottle of red wine from the Algarve. Couldn’t fault the service

Pros: Lovely presentation , Delicious!

Cons: A little pricey but all organic

Valeri

Points +58

04 May 2019

Amazing discovery!

They have very delicious vegan options. Tasty marinated tofu with orange sauce and yummy seitan with mushrooms. Very good homemade ice cream and also delicious mushroom starter. Very specialy made food, nicely designed. I give 4 stars just because they also serve meat

Pros: Lovely staff, Delicious food, Beautiful place

laurenlawlor1

Points +96

21 Nov 2018

Lovely staff

A cute casual style restaurant, serves meat and seafood /also has vegan options available etc.. seitan steak/bruchetta /soup. Staff very educated on vegan requirements. 1 minute walk from the marina .

Pros: 4 or 5 vegan options starters and mains

Cons: Average price range

koenvanhaaften

Points +36

07 Oct 2018

Amazing food and service

3 Vegan starters, 2 mains. Seitan is delicious and the house cat makes it complete. Bruchetta could have Some more seasoning, buy overall absolutely perfect. Medronho with coffee for dessert is definitely a recommendation!

biljojed

Points +37

25 Aug 2018

Good!

had bruschetta, garlic bread and seitan steak, everything was very good (especially the mushrooms in the seitan dish)! very friendly staff.

Soniaaprisco

Points +2242

20 Aug 2018

Comemos muito bem!!!

Fomos jantar.
O espaço é muito agradável, harmonioso e confortável. O serviço excelente: rápido, calmo e simpático!
Pedimos bruschettas para entrada (estavam óptimas!!!)
Na ementa três opções vegan: salada com tofu e quinoa, bife de seitan e um prato de tofu com especiarias. Estava tudo muito saboroso e com uma excelente apresentação! Para sobremesa provámos o sorvet vegan de coco e banana ( estava bom, mas podia estar melhor...).
Gostámos bastante e será sem dúvida uma opção a repetir durante as férias no Alvor!

Pros: Comida saborosa, Serviço excelente

Cons: Preço

andreffm

Points +27

28 Jun 2018

Best tofu in my life

A very nice restaurant. Beautifully located near the sea at a nice street to watch people. The food was excellent. Also the service. They have three explicit vegetarian dishes and one vegan. I had the tofu which tasted fantastic.
The service was quick, attentive and friendly.
A high recommendation. I would have given five stars of it would be possible.

Pros: Very good food. Beautiful location.

Cons: Non