Lupin Restaurante Vegetariano

Contact 913894248

Rua Arquitecto Marques da Silva, 74, Porto, Portugal, 4150-483

Offers cuisines with world influences, from ravioli and tofu dish to creme brulee. Est. 2015 and became fully vegan as of Nov 2016. Open Wed-Sun 7:30pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 1:00pm-3:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by SarahLouise

Great, casual vegan - Edit

Solid vegan restaurant with some great options and really nice space. The roasted tomato entrada was divine and surprising, sweet and smoky somehow, even if it was a bit ugly... and the millefeuille main was the best of our four choices. The risotto was good but not amazing, the ravioli was a bit cold, and the francesinha was, well, lunch meat and cheese... Pastel de nata dessert was great. And aquafaba meringues were also a nice touch to the peanut cheesecake. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

Amazing food and place!! - Edit

The menu changes and they sometimes have vegetarian/vegan variations of traditional portuguese food! The food is very very tasty and there are available vegan/gluten free options of some dishes that are vegetarians or have gluten. The staff is very nice and the place is very cute! The bathroom is very eco, with individuals towels to dry your hands that then are washed! The desserts are very good as well! I love the bio juices! An amazing place to eat and spend good time :D

Porto Gem! - Edit

The restaurant looks like someone's home from the outside, so keep your eyes peeled or you'll walk right past it like I did!
The staff was very friendly even though it was quite busy, and gave good suggestions. We ordered the veggie carpaccio, a Shepard's Pie, a traditional Portuguese stew.
The food was delicious and the wine was poured fully in our glasses.
We had to try TWO desserts (come on, they're vegan!!) and they were a mouse and apple tart. The mousse was rich and sooo very chocolaty!
I definitely recommend you come and try this sweet little spot!

Pros: Delicous food, Great value, friendly staff

Cons: Kinda bright but not a huge deal

Don't miss this little restaurant! - Edit

This nice little restaurant might be a bit outside of the central area, but don't let this hold you back! This place has original as well as more classical dishes, and you can even get a vegan 'francesinha'! The hostess is super friendly and the atmosphere is cozy :) don't forget to order the bread and olives appetizer, the hummus is divine!

Pros: great service, great food, great atmosphere

Cons: far away (3 metro stops from Trindade)

Great find in Porto - Edit

Really loved this place. We visited for lunch and dinner and both were excellent. The food was great , service friendly,and restaurant stylish. The lunch menu is very cheap. I would recommend the risotto if you visit in the evening and the wine is also excellent.

Pros: Tasty satisfying food, Excellent value, Fabulous organic red wine

Cons: A bit difficult to find the first time but well wo

Good food, Friendly Staff - Edit

I loved my experience at Lupin. The food was delicious and well prepared. I especially loved the dessert of bread and butter pudding. The only downside is that the only have one menu a day and if you don't like what's on it, there's no other choice. Our lunch was a kale soup (very tasty), a traditional Portuguese dish with sietan and mushrooms (unfortunately it tasted too meaty for me) and the dessert. I would definitely recommend going here, I just wish there were more options.

(Edit: Only one VEGAN menu a day, I should have mentioned that. They have a separate vegetarian option)

Updated from previous review on Saturday April 23, 2016

Pros: Tasty, well-made food, friendly staff, clean, modern vibe

Cons: one menu a day

Vegan versions of typical portuguese cuisine - Edit

I went there because a girl who works at Black Mamba (I just love how vegetarian restaurants tend to be friends instead of simple competitors, that's great) told me about their vegan "pastéis de nata" (a traditional portuguese pastry). The pastéis were good, but the main dish was even better, I'd like to try the rest of the menu, almost all based on traditional local recipes, sometime.

Best restaurant in Porto! - Edit

By far my favorite restaurant in Porto!
Tasty food, super-friendly staff, fine wine and good desserts!
Went there several times and it's been just as good every time!
Their vegan-natas are on point!
Lupin is one of those places where you know it doesn't matter what dish you choose 'cause you know they'll all be superb!
The only thing I wasn't 100% satisfied with was that I wanted some more vegan mayo! Other than that, I can't really come up with anything bad about the place.
If you're in Porto and looking for a really good vegetarian/vegan meal, this is the place!

Pros: Really tasty food!, Best nata in Porto, Friendly staff

Cons: More mayo on the burger

Best Pastel de Natal ever! - Edit

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Porto right now!
The staff is really nice and the food tastes like the food we cook at home. It's amazing and tasty!
I really enjoy their lunch meals which vary every day.
This restaurant has one of the most amazing vegan desserts I've ever tasted. Their pastel de nata (a vegan version of the portuguese dessert) it's an amazing mix of flavors and textures. It's impossible to eat just one.
This is definitely a place to go!

Good Food - Edit

The restaurante is nice and cosy.
They have the best "Pastel de Nata".
The staff is friendly and helpfull. I just whish I have been there more time to try other dishes.
I ate the "Francesinha" when I was there. Personally I dind't like but.
But they have other good and tasty choices :)

You have to visit the restaurante. It's very good.

Great food, friendly people - Edit

I went to Lupin twice, once for dinner and once for lunch. Both meals were delicious and the staff were awesome. Most of the menu items for lunch and dinner are vegan. For dinner, we were served olives, lovely olive oil, very tasty hummus, crostini, and perfectly seasoned lupins (a yellow bean) to snack on while the food was prepared. I had the veganised version of Porto's famous dish, the 'Frenchie' ('Francesinha' in Portuguese), which is a sandwich consisting of a tofu steak and sliced vegan sausages between two white pieces of bread, topped with vegan cheese, and smothered in vegan gravy (which was likely made of tomato and beer). The meal was very heavy but delicious. My friend had the vegetarian carrot and parsnip tempura with mashed potatoes which she enjoyed very much. For dessert, she had the vegetarian crepe with apples and almonds and I had the wonderful vegan chocolate mousse atop an orange salad. We came back the next day for the set lunch (7 euros). We both started with a simple but nicely flavoured spinach soup. For the main dish, I had the vegan version of another Portuguese dish, salted cod with cream (‘bacalhau com natas’), which looked like a casserole of shaved potato and onion with tofu pieces in a creamy sauce. It was very good. My friend had the vegan pizza and salad. For dessert we each tried the apple crumble, which wasn’t what I’d call a crumble, but was delicious with perfectly cooked apples and tasty cinnamon. I’d definitely recommend Lupin as the food is beautifully prepared and presented, and is reasonably priced. The space is also welcoming, clean, and nicely decorated, and the staff are friendly and provide excellent service.

Pros: Vegan versions of Portuguese dishes, Delicious food, Friendly staff

Return to Porto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lupin Restaurante Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.