Lunya

Barton Arcade, Deansgate, Manchester, England, M3 2BB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Spanish tapas deli, bar, and restaurant. Has full vegan menu - ask for it. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by DMZ8022

City centre Vegan Tapas - Edit

Great restaurant with a separate vegan menu. Great to have so much choice. I Especially enjoyed the field mushrooms with asparagus and the roasted almonds.
Nice setting and good location. Staff were impressive, friendly and capable.
Not inexpensive but worth it.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-24

Pros: Vegan menu, Tasty well presented food, Atmosphere

Cons: Meat on display , A little pricey

Awesome Vegan Options - Edit

I visited Lunya purely based on their vegan menu offering, which is extensive and because when I enquired they happily let me know which sherries and wines were vegan friendly.

I ordered some delicious olives and cornichons and as I absolutely love sherry, the Tio Pepe En Rama I ordered was delicious. To follow I had patatas bravas, Moroccan spiced chickpeas with butternut squash, apricots and almonds and Verduras a la Romana, a light tempura kind of dish, of vegetables coated in Spanish frying flour, with Mojo Picon sauce. It would have been rude not to have a nice glass of red, so I chose the Organic Fuenteseca Bobal Cabernet, a perfect accompaniment for the tapas.

All the dishes were spot on, full of flavour, fresh ingredients and great presentation, you just wanted to dive in and eat. Our waiters were Sofia from Greece, herself a vegan of ten years, so it was great to meet her, as I do not meet many vegans and Monica from Spain, who both looked after us so well, it made our visit all the more enjoyable.

I loved the whole experience and when places offer vegan menus, they deserve our support, so when I want tapas in Manchester Lunya is my choice every time. Maybe at some point they will clearly label vegan wines and sherries on their menu, as they do the food. Highly recommended.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-03

Pros: Extensive Vegan Menu, Vegan Wines Available on Request

Cons: Vegan Wines/Sherries could be labelled on the list

Tasty vegan goodness! - Edit

It's a hip and happening venue, many people and a good ambiance! They have a special vegan menu for which you have to specifically ask. There are so many great tasting tapas that it was really hard to chose. I was able to try six dishes of which the Escalivada and the Flame Roasted Piquillo Pepper Hummus with breadsticks where especially great.
We were with a group of nine people and the speed with which the tapas arrived at the table was very good.
Then I have to specifically mention our great serving lady from Greece for her genuine joy and exuberance in being able to serve a vegan, as she is a vegan herself. Thank you for your positive energy!!

Pros: Seperate vegan menu (ask for it) , Great Quality/Cost balance

greasy, overpriced and generally tasteless - Edit

veggie so options were limited but . started with a tiny plate of unappetising olives and pickles, followed by greasy asparagus and mushroom dish, totally under seasoned and flavourless really. the battered deep fried vegetables were also flavourless and came with a sickly red sauce of which we weren't even sure what it was. We also ordered some 'hummus baskets' and these were tiny, tiny bitesized little pastry cups filled with a tiny amount of hummus - there were 4 of them, the dish cost £4.50.

saving grace was the service and the atmosphere. shame about the awful food.

Pros: service was friendly, atmosphere, location

Cons: food was tasteless and greasy, prices were way too high for what it was, veggie options were very lack luster

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lunya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.