Fast food
British
European
Fusion
Gluten-free

Vegan cafe est. summer 2019. Serves a fusion of dishes. Dog-friendly. Open for dining in, as well as collections and deliveries through IndieEats. Open Tue-Sat 12:00-15:00, 17:00-21:00, Sun 12:00-16:00. Closed Mon.

Venue map for Luna's Vegan Corner
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by konlish

Ricky123

Points +596

05 Feb 2024

Great afternoon tea

Went for the afternoon tea when passing through Cardiff.

A nice selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones. Very filling and a great price.

Dog friendly

Jools

Points +49

04 Feb 2024

Excellent Roast Sunday Lunch

Only had the one thing but it was well worth the trip down from the valleys.

KathyAJ

Points +28

23 Dec 2023

Little gem

Fab vegan cafe and restaurant. Not only great for a short stop for a quick lunch or coffee and cake, it’s special enough for a birthday meal or date night.

Pros: Fully vegan , Delicious food, Great value

gemgiraf

Points +267

10 Dec 2023

Tasty food in a cosy cafe

Had a very nice vegan roast here, available on Sundays. Very friendly staff and affordable prices. Will be returning soon to try out the rest of the menu!

Update: been here several times since this review and always enjoyed. Their steamed broccoli is a firm favourite. Most recently had their festive menu which was just delicious.

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-10

HummusIsLife

10 Dec 2023

Amazing Find

I've been to Luna's many times now, it's an absolute gem. The food is always good, the staff are lovely, they often do special desserts to support animal rights charities as well. They have a wide range of food options and really good wines and soft drinks. The arancini are to die for, every time I go I say I'll get something different and end up getting those!

My only issue with them is that they have quite short opening hours and close at 9pm, and I think that's because they don't get enough people to stay open longer. Which is frankly a crime, Luna's deserves more love!

Pros: The food is fantastic , Really lovely environment, calm and well decorated, Staff are always so friendly, service is excellent

Cons: It has quite short opening hours

LauraHewett

25 Nov 2023

Amazing options and delicious food

Really generous portion sizes and the team were really lovely. The food was delicious. Food was fresh and great winter warmers!
The wild mushroom pasta was spot on.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-25

Pros: Generous portions, Awesome drink options, Amazing flavours

veganevolutionist

Points +1898

08 Oct 2023

Varied menu and lovely space.

Something for everyone on the menu without it being huge. Great space. I had the ocean tofu and chips with mushy peas and tartare sauce. The batter was light and non-greasy. The tartare sauce was the best I’ve had, delicious.
B had soup of the day which was cauliflower and something soup (this is why I should write reviews the same day lol).
We had a couple of the freshly made juices to drink, refreshing and tasty.

RachelJenkins

Points +2512

02 Oct 2023

Amazing roast

Visited luna’s after the Cardiff half marathon and had the most delicious roast. Even though it was a busy Sunday, the staff were very attentive and service was exceptional. Even the non vegans in our group enjoyed the food!

LulaJula

Points +151

Vegetarian
20 Aug 2023

Exceptional service and food!

The host was the best service we’ve ever received and food was outstanding!
My niece’s little dog received treats, her little girl received complimentary mini cakes and also a serving of free ice-cream at the end of our meal. We were made to feel wanted and not just welcome.
The whole experience was magical!
The food was DELICIOUS and inventive. Chips are amazing and way better than Beale’s chip shop in Sandy Bay!

Pros: The outstanding service, All organic food, Food was probably the nicest vegan food we’ve had

Cons: No dislikes

brennaj

Points +24

08 Aug 2023

Mega brunch - unreal!

Had the mega brunch and an iced matcha latte.
Couldn’t fault a thing. Wonderful flavours. Very satisfying without feeling overindulgent.

KyleMacyHall

Points +250

02 Aug 2023

Best Salad, Friendly Service

Buddha Salad may be the best salad ever. It’s a nutrient powerhouse loaded with veggies, tofu and several sauces.

Pros: All Vegan!, Cozy Front Window Table , Vegan Roast on Sundays

vinceprytherch

Points +83

21 Jul 2023

Delicious from starter to dessert :)

As we walked in the door the demonstrated that they were indeed dog friendly by welcoming our dog which was lovely :)

My wife and I then had a delicious meal:

- Arincini for starter 👍👍🫠🫠🫠
- I had a burger that was lovely with amazing home made mayonnaise which I recommend for dipping chips 👍👍
- My wife had a chickpea and jackfruit stroganoff which is probably go for next time (not because the burger wasn’t great but because the strog. was that much better).
- Delicious desserts 🫠🫠🫠

The service was fantastic. A lovely lovely date night.

They have a brunch menu that we’ll be going back to try one day😄

Pros: Food, Service, Dog friendly

Frankie85

Points +482

11 Jun 2023

Wonderful

A wonderful anniversary trip to Luna's Vegan Corner in Cardiff.

We had the arancini, the Baba ganoush and flatbread, tofish and chips, pasta with wild mushroom sauce and a pear and almond tart.

We were well looked after and the food was delicious.

Pros: Service , Delicious food, Accessible restaurant

AnnArai

Points +1319

01 May 2023

Nice service & good food

We were really late to grab some food however the service was really nice and still made us a traditional English meal as vegan version. We also had 2 smoothies. I can recommend the hey Jude smoothie which is like a chocolate banana shake !

AbiDauncey

Points +36

29 Apr 2023

This place has my heart

completely vegan and so flipping tasty - the best meal i’ve ever had. It’s super low key which means the staff are so attentive and really care about the service and the food and the vibes are so cosy. please go to support an incredible, independent and hard-working small business!!

Pros: so many vegan options , lovely staff , affordable

gingerdope

Points +173

17 Apr 2023

Wow

Beautiful food, lovely place, will always come by when in cardiff

annahelene

Points +28

08 Apr 2023

Fresh, delicious food

My favourite vegan restaurant in Cardiff! The food here is really lovely. Nothing overly fussy, but generous portions, always fresh and very tasty. The owners are lovely and service is always attentive. I feel like it's still not that well known in Cardiff, which is a shame, because its a real gem of a place. Their vegan Sunday roast is also amazing!

Pros: Very fresh food, Big portions, Delicious food

JemimaCrow

Points +38

07 Apr 2023

Delicious dinner with chilled atmosphere

We came here for dinner after day of exploring nearby. I had the ocean tofu, chips, mushy peas, and tartar sauce. The tofu was crispy and delicious, everything was home made so the tartar sauce and mushy peas were also amazing.
Also huge portions so we were very full and happy

Pros: Lots of delicious options, Big portions, Friendly service

ChrisPriestman

Points +22

07 Apr 2023

Delicious food, lovely host

All vegan, hone made, and made with heart

Pros: Great range of vegan options, High quality and home made, Lovely host

andyh54

Points +26

05 Mar 2023

Fantastic Sunday lunch

sunday lunch is brilliant. Friendly little place on Wellfield Rd (suggest you park in the library). Good service, great food. Also does take away so can box up most things.

Cons: soft drinks are organic and expensive

Mollymoon

25 Feb 2023

Best vegan restaurant in Cardiff !

Amazing food, lovely service.

ellie02

Points +104

19 Feb 2023

affordable tasty lunch

stopped by for a quick bite and ended up having the meal deal which was only 6 pounds for an oat flat white, a lovely fresh sandwich and cake of the day! all of which were great

Pros: affordable , good selection , nice atmosphere

ComebackKid

Points +208

02 Feb 2023

Friendly Restaurant with Varied Menu

Have been here loads of times but realised I'd never reviewed it - this is one of Cardiff's only independent, vegan-owned businesses and it continues to offer a range of starters, mains and desserts to suit all tastes. Its simple, charming decor and friendly, helpful staff make every visit a pleasure.

If the Tiramisu is on the menu, you have to get it. Amazing.

Updated from previous review on 2023-02-02

Pros: varied vegan menu, great staff, consistent high quality

Vagasaurus

Points +32

03 Sep 2022

Little Gem

Great food in this lovely little cafe come evening restaurant. Haven’t had dinner here yet, but lunch is always 10/10

JoshuaMacleod

Points +86

08 Aug 2022

Really nice menu!

Have been several times, very impressed. Highly recommend those pancakes, they're relatively cheap and exceptionally good

Pros: Creative menu, lots of nice ideas. , Great staff

LizFrankis

Points +18

07 Aug 2022

Great value lunch meal deal

Good choice of sandwiches. Delicious cakes and a drink for £6 at lunchtime. Really enjoyed this. Well done Luna's

LisaSpykers

Points +6714

12 Jul 2022

Great afternoon tea experience

We enjoyed our afternoon tea here. The sandwiches were more interesting than those served at a regular non-vegan tea (so glad we didn't get just cucumber), and there was a nice selection of pastries, chocolate things, scones, and cakes. We had the afternoon tea for lunch because the cafe closes at 3pm. Book 1-2 days in advance.