CLOSED: Lumen Cafe

+44-20-72782203

88 Tavistock Place, Kings Cross, London, England, WC1H 9RT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in the light and peaceful Lumen church, this cafe provides an extensive lunch menu of sandwiches, quiche, tortillas, pasta, risotto, potato cakes, falafel, and more. Also serves cakes and coffee. Has Wi-Fi access and a tranquil garden to the rear of the building. MAR 2016 REPORTED SHUT REPLACED BY BLACK OLIVE COOKS. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Take-out, European, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by bencamps

Doing Everything the Right Way - Edit

I visited Lumen Cafe just before Christmas with my mum and sister. The cafe is almost entirely organic, has locally sourced ingredients, supports small farmers, fairtrade, are soon to grow their own salad and herbs in their garden and all dishes are made on site! There is a large range of organic juices and fairtrade coffees. There were I think 3 or more vegan options on the menu when we went and the friendly staff were able to advise. My mum and I had a kind of stew made from spicy lentil, sweet potato, carrot and parsnip. This came with rice and a fresh, zesty salad. My sister had the falafel meal. We all really enjoyed our food which was reasonably priced. The only thing that was a little surreal was the church organ music... but then the cafe is in a church!

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lumen Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.