Lula Lifestyleshop

216 rue Saint Maur, Paris, France, 75010

Organic vegetarian cantine and shop operating since 2013. On Saturday and Sunday it's brunch menu only from 11am-3pm, and gluten-free. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Fusion

First Review by Ninis Baouudotto

Not great - Edit

This is a cafe for those that want to eat food to feel good about themselves for eating healthily but not to enjoy. Foodies should not come here.
I had high hopes for this cafe as I had read excellent reviews. The ambiance was welcoming, the waitresses were friendly and accommodating. The food, however, was bland and overpriced. I had the vegan bouillon which was essentially a watered-down laksa with a bit of quinoa and tasteless veggies at the bottom. I tried to like it but it really was gross. My friend had a quinoa bowl which was okay but didn't have much flavour and was overpriced for 12 euros. When I went to the counter to pay, I politely asked for a refund which I have never had the occasion to do in any other establishment. The owner/chef flat out refused saying that it wasn't her problem if I didn't like it. I explained that I hadn't eaten any of it. She said that she could put it in a takeaway container but that was it. She also said that the 12 euros covered the unlimited sides and free drinks which was essentially couscous, basic green salad and mint tea. Free sides are great as a concept but I had no desire to eat bland couscous alongside my bland watery meal and in any case, it did not justify 12 euros. The coffee was good and I hope that the management takes on this review in a constructive manner to, at the very least, improve on their customer service

Ce restaurant c'est pour les clients qui veulent se sentir plus sains mais pas pour les gourmands et ceux qui aiment des bon plats. L'ambiance était accueillante et les serveuses étaient gentilles. Le bouillon était presque sans gout comme un laksa avec trop d'eau. Mon ami a pris le bol quinoa qui était ok mais pas assez bon ou grand pour 12 euros. J'ai demandé pour un remboursement pour mon bouillon. Le chef a dit que c'était mon problème si je ne l'ai pas aimé. J'ai expliqué que je ne l'ai pas mangé. Elle a dit qu'elle pouvait le mettre à emporter. Elle a aussi dit que les 12 euros c'était pour les accompagnements et boissons illimités: couscous, salade verte très simple, tisane de menthe. J'avais pas envie de manger du couscous sans gout avec mon plat sans gout et en plus, même avec les accompagnements, 12 euros c'est beaucoup trop. Mon espresso était bon au moins. J'éspère que le chef va lire cette critique d'une manière constructive pour qu'elle puisse être moins impolie et plus respectueuse et obligeante la prochaine fois.

Pros: Friendly waitresses, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Rude owner/chef, Bland bouillon, Overpriced

Sunday brunch: maybe unfortunate? - Edit

I went to Lula with 4 non-vegetarian friends. One of them knew the place already and told us it was a good choice! Then, she was a bit disappointed by the lack of choice: on Sunday apparently only brunch is possible (we called them a couple of hours in advance to make sure a vegan option was available), it costs 27 euros and it seems a bit overpriced. However, the quality of the food was good, and I particularly liked the "side dish" with tofu and tomatoes!

Pros: Good food, Vegan friendly-ish (call in advance!)

Good Weekend Brunch (Vegan on Request) - Edit

Visited in September 2016.

We had the weekend brunch which consists of a fresh juice, a savory plate, a small buffet of side dishes, a sweet plate, a hot drink, and all-you-can-drink coffee and/or infusion.

The brunch is vegetarian, so we called a couple of hours in advance asking for a vegan brunch (I advise you to do that so that they have time to prepare you something better).

The food (all organic by the way) had a homemade feel, and, despite being simple, it was very good.
In the savory plate, we got a focaccia, and instead of the vegetarian omelette, they provided us with a soup, a beetroot hummus and some small mushroom salad. The side dishes (a quinoa tabbouleh and a tomato salad) were all vegan. And, as a sweet plate we got an açai bowl; and, instead of a vegetarian cake, a small chocolate/coconut mouse.

When looking at the brunch menu, we didn't think it was going to be enough; but in fact, it was copious. And we just had one round of the side dishes. :)

The staff is friendly and nice, and the interior is simple but welcoming.

All-in-all, the brunch was good (it would be so great if the brunch would be 100% vegan by default); but some things they could improve:
- Their offer of vegan sweets
- Add at least one more vegan main plate to the regular menu (currently they offer only a bowl and a salad).
- Offer vegan cheeses as replacement (many plates contain emmental, cream cheese or feta)

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-24

Pros: nice atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: not all vegan

Lula tastes lovely - Edit

Had a wonderful brunch this Saturday. Wonderful service from the beautiful staff. Food was tasty, a little pricy for the quantity but still worth the trip. Would definitely visit again

Pros: staff, food

Cons: price

Very cool and tasty restaurant! - Edit

There's such a cool atmosphere there. Thoses spanish girls are cooking for us so tasty vegetarien meals. Everything from the dishes to the decoration are simple, elegant, and original. The meals are made from organic and season food, there's vegan and without gluten option too! It's one of the place I recommand in my list of favourites restaurants. You won't be disappointed!!

Pros: Excellent and healthy food, friendly staff, Cool atomsphere

Amazing - Edit

Very nice place, cosy and welcoming.
All the waitresses are smiling and nice.
The food is homemade, tasty and vegetarian, there is a vegan option as well.
Free tea, you can help yourself.

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lula Lifestyleshop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.