Luk Yung Sin Koon

• Vegetarian
Contact +852-27308665

38 Jordan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

六榕仙館, at 佐敦佐敦道, is a Cantonese restaurant operating since 1968. Lively and busy, many original dishes, has English menu, and sells vegetarian pastries. Near MTR Austin (exit A) or Jordan (exit A).

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Cantonese

First Review by JohnnySensible

Bustling eatery - Edit

This is a cool bustling eatery in Kowloon. It is packed to the brim with locals, and we were just in time to grab the last open table.

We got a variety of dishes: choy sum, three mushroom porridge, sacha mixed veggies with bean thread noodles, sweet and vinegar mock fish, coconut milk taro and tofu skin clay pot, and hong siu tofu.

My parents and relatives were underwhelmed. They said the price was high and the quality was mediocre as far as Hong Kong veggie establishments go. I, on the other hand, was pretty pleased. Perhaps it's a testament to the strength of the HK veggie scene that my parents balked at a place that I thought was pretty good. I'm looking forward to tasting more of the city.

Pros: bustling, local favorite, good variety

Cons: a little pricey

Luk Yung Sin Koon, Hong Kong - Edit

I had dinner here this evening. No complaints from me.

I was sat at a table with a French bloke who said he goes to this place fairly regularly. He said the lady who served me is the member of the waiting staff who speaks best English. She was certainly more than capable of compensating for my still sub-abysmal Cantonese.

The menu is in English and Chinese. I ordered one dish, the 1st dish listed in the a la carte section. It was called something like mixed veggies deluxe. The lady explained to me that there was a lot of different mushrooms in there and some baby sweetcorn. I asked her to skip on the baby sweetcorn (I'm corny enough my friends say). It was very nice indeed and I'd have no hesitation in endorsing it to others. It cost 75 bucks.

No issues with décor, service, vibe nor anything else.

Location is approx 1/2 way between Austin and Jordan MTR stations (exit A for both). If you come out at Jordan exit A turn right along Jordan Road. You will have to cross Jordan Road as the restaurant is on the other side of the street.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Helpful staff

Luk Yung Sin Kwun - the name locals use - Edit

An institution!

Very busy & very popular.

When I tell Hong Kong Chinese friends that I am vegan this is often the place that they mention as where their grandparents / families took them for their first veggy meal on special days.

Very wide menu with a lot of vegan options.

Very good for morning / afternoon tea a dim-sum!

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Luk Yung Sin Koon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2073 times since May 2009.