First Review by Stevie

Luen Hing Vegetarian, Hong Kong - Edit

I lunched here today. It is very inexpensive (maybe the cheapest sit in food on the island?) and the smiley ladies who work there make this place the epitome of cheap and cheerful.

I rocked up, showed them my printed explanation of what vegans do and don't eat. They indicated everything was OK for me (today at least, I'm unsure if the food always all vegan as they have a vegetable stall where they also sell eggs).

They have a big pan of soup that seemed to be included in the bundle. I've never tasted soup like it before but it was still pretty good. They had 4 or maybe 5 dishes in serving trays, I pointed at a couple of them and 30 seconds later the plate was on the table in front of me. Rice accompaniment followed swiftly.

They also sell what seems to be the usual sort of stuff that is available in the take away places here - a big choice of mock meats, spring rolls and a couple of other things I don't know the name of.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Cheap and cheerful, Bargain budget friendly

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Luen Hing Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.