Lucky Louie’s Beer and Wieners

Contact 814-314-9481

8238 Perry Highway (at I-90), Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, 16509

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hot dog and beer joint. Ask for the vegan menu -- uses veggie dogs, Tofutti cream cheese, vegan mayo, vegan cheese, seitan bacon. Open Mon 12:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by zula154

Great vegan dogs - Edit

We stopped here on a trip from NC to Canada, and enjoyed it so much we stopped again on the way home. Has a large menu of both classic and creative hot dogs; many are marked vegetarian-friendly. If you ask for the vegan menu, they have a list of the dogs for which they have all vegan ingredients. Owner was very nice when we asked. We had the BLT dog on the way up, and the Yankee dog (kraut and mustard) on the way down. Wish it were closer to home!

Pros: Many vegan options, Great beer selection

Great food - Edit

This place has just beer and hot dogs. But the best thing is they have vegan hot dogs and toppings for almost all the hot dogs they have.
The place is pretty small though, so if you go at a peak time, don't plan on a table. They do have outdoor seating but that does no good in the winter.
I can't say much about the beer besides there are several big coolers full. I have never had any while there as I am not much of a beer drinker. I am sure several are vegan as I know some of the brands that are.
Be warned though, it is not easy to find. It has no road side sign. It is next to a beer distributor (same building).
A must try in the Erie area!

Pros: vegan hot dogs, Lots of toppings, friendly owner

Cons: very small, Hard to find, no big sign, not much seating

Return to Erie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lucky Louie’s Beer and Wieners closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 263 times since Apr 2016.