First Review by nien

LPG: great organic supermarket - Edit

This is a great to place buy organic good in berlin. The LPG offers a wide range of fresh vegetables, fresh chess, bread and local meat. They also have a small restaurant where you can get great lunch specials and at least a vegan dish everyday. They also have vegan wine, vegan chess, vegan meat (saitan). The small bistro offers hot drinks and snacks. All in all a great place to get good organic food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 03, 2014

Pros: Special prices for members, Great range of vegan organic food

Cons: Sometimes crowded

The place I always shop... - Edit

...because it is virtually across the street from where I live. It could be cleaner, the staff could be faster, and the people who select the products they sell a little more dedicated- but hey, it is the biggest organic supermarket here in Kreuzberg and if you are a member the prices are reasonable. They have everything I need - even a small japanese section. They sell meat and vegan protein options and basically try to get regional products although sometimes the apples come from New Zealand and mangoes and pineapples just don't grow in nearby Brandenburg. I go there once a day and I don't even bother with the conventional supermarket anymore. My boyfriend eats meat so i buy that organic and from my cooking experience w/wo animal produce the food quality is really good.

It kind of pisses me off though how much plastic they still use to wrap shit in - that makes it just as bad as any conventional supermarket - although they have introduced biodegradable bags at least for the fruits and veggies!

Pros: huge selection, caters to vegans, raw choices

Cons: could be cleaner, staff could be faster, still missing some products

A truly well-stocked shop - Edit

LPG-Biomarkt is a very well stocked supermarket with literally anything organic you could be looking for. Maybe it be a range of 15 different sorts if vegan sausages or exotic fruits, a certain wine, soy cheese or vegetarian pet's food - they have it. However, things are a bit pricey if you haven't got a member card.
As a vegan, I don't find it very pleasant that one has to go past the big fresh meat section if you want to get to the fruit area.
Although the staff are always very helpful and friendly, the atmosphere is often quite hectic like in any other supermarket. That's why I prefer doing my shopping in smaller shops and just go there when I look for something special.

Pros: wide range of everything, friendly service

Cons: often very busy and impersonal, so much fresh meat...

Natural cosmetics - Edit

I was delighted by the wide selection of natural cosmetics, especially products made in Germany by Sante and Lavera. I loaded up on lipstick, eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow, bronzer, concealer, face wash, sunscreen, lipbalm, since these products are harder to find and more expensive in the Netherlands. If I lived in Berlin, I'd shop here all the time.

Pros: Helpful staff, Wide selection

good biomarket - Edit

There is a wide range in products..
They have a little bistro inside the shop where you can eat something and drink coffee..
But this is definatly not the largest biomarket in europe.. In my hometown there is a lager one and they do not claim to be the largest..
No english speaking staff found there..
You can park on the parking lot of the supermarket.

Pros: large assortiment, parking lot

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has LPG Biomarket - Mehringdamm closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2015 times since Aug 2007.