CLOSED: Loving Planet

• Vegan

Contact 040379778

BTC Trznica, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1000

Vegan fast food trailer. Menu is similar to the Loving Hut Ljubljana. Has different veg burgers, sandwiches, plus stir fry noodle and others. Location: Red trailer at the end, opposite the entrance. MAR 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by krisa

Loving Planet - Vegan Heavy Metal - Edit

Cool place, the only vegan restaurant in that area so if you're out there shopping it's a nice stopping point for a quick lunch. My favorite is the cheeseburger with violife cheese. Also the owner is an old heavy metal fan so if you're into that type of music he's always up for a chat hehe.

Ok location, terrible opening hours, average food - Edit

The location of the food truck is ok. It's in the BTC City that has limited option of vegan food (if you don't count salad bars in the surrounding restaurants). So this is good.

The opening hours are terrible. If you want to get dinner at 19 o'clock it's closed (the opening hours written on HappyCows' web page are incorrect).

I went there with my boyfriend and tried Falafel, Vebaba (in a jufka) and apple Samosa for a desert.
I found the falafel a bit to "crunchy", but otherwise ok.
The Vebab was good, but a bit to small (if you are really hungry it wont be enough).
For a dessert we got apple Samosa (a kind of healthy full grain apple pie) that was really tasty and fresh (they made it on the spot), but the problem was that it was still cold inside.

Pros: locaion, tasty Samosa

Cons: opening hours, portions are on the small side, cold food (Samosa)

Now I can have lunch at the BTC City - Edit

I discovered them by accident when I had a few hours to kill at the BTC City. I actually consider the location an advantage, because now I can have a vegan lunch at a shopping centre I visit almost every time I visit Ljubljana.

So far I've tried vegan Wiener Schnitzel and a Bliss Burger which were really good. I also tried a bite of falafel, and it tasted a bit like caraway seeds (the same Slovenian word is used for both cumin and caraway). I'll have to try it again to be sure.

When I ordered a Wiener Schnitzel, the only side dish available were fries, and the only condiments were ketchup and vegan mayonnaise. It would be great if they would make rice available as a side dish, and, as for condiments, Sriracha would be perfect.

Their čokoladu dessert (a laddu with a chocolate glazing) is delicious.

They also sell vegan meat imitations produced by Czech company Salve Natura. So far I've tried smoked and paprika sausages, and they were very tasty.

Pros: tasty food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: no rice as a side dish, few condiments

Delicious fast food - Edit

If you're shopping or working in BTC this place is great way to stop for a quick snack or lunch. There are about 10 options - pasta, rice dish, "vebab", "happy dog".. etc. Vebab tastes really great and desserts are also good, especialy "čokoladu".
Prices are ok.
The thing that might be bothersome to some is that the stand is located next to a fried chicken stand. It's also a bit hard to find, it stands in the furthest part of the market, hidden behind all the fruit selling stands.

Pros: Great taste

Cons: Location

Return to Ljubljana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Planet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2283 times since Sep 2012.