Loving Hut - Westfield Mall Food Emporium

415-975-3888

845 Market St (at Westfield Mall), San Francisco, California, USA, 94103

Chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Offers various appetizers and noodle dishes plus salads, sandwiches, and buffet combos. Each location is individually operated. This outlet is downstairs in the mall food court. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-8:30pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by SynthVegan

very good. - Edit

Very good sandwiches! I found it very filling but I am British so maybe used to smaller sizes? My boyfriend said it was a small portion but we werw both full after the mwal. The side salad was amazing and so was the cake.

Pros: all vegan.

Reliable quality - Edit

I had a great sandwich here and was able to sit at the table using the internet for ages.

Downtown SF Quick Vegan Eats - Edit

If you're anywhere near the mall, hit this place up! It's a go to for me whenever I finish a run- yes the mall is usually crowded but if you're looking for all vegan eats that are quick- this is your place. Sure it may be pricey, but no animals were harm & you are in the heart of SF. I highly recommend their avocado smoothie- yummy! And major shout out to the large portions of the combo plate- I think I'll be satisfied until tomorrow at lunch.

Pros: ALL vegan menu! , friendly staff , avocado smoothie!!!!

Cons: sadly- it is in a food court surrounded by murder, may be busy due to mall location

Restaurant prices for fast food - Edit

Limp salad, small portion. If you want to pay 10-15 bucks and still feel hungry, this place is for you.

Pros: Tastes pretty good, Convenient

Cons: Pricey, Small portion, Better food is available cheaper nearby

Convenient vegan food - Edit

Great takeaway food!

vegan mall food - Edit

I have been to several Loving Huts around Europe. They've varied in quality (from excellent to pretty good), but this one is nothing like the other ones I've gone to. Another review said, "like Panda Express, but vegan." That's a good summary. The food is quite greasy- sort of the quality you would expect in a mall food court. I ordered a "choose three" platter from the buffet, so maybe their other items are fresher/ better. The seating and ambiance gave me flashbacks to my days as a teenage mall rat.

I definitely wouldn't go out of the way to eat here, but if you're in the mall it's very convenient. If you're craving greasy vegan fast food / good-bad Chinese food this is a good stop.

Pros: All vegan, Good value

Cons: Mall basement, Greasy food

Decent quick meals - Edit

I go the vegan pho from here. Was not bad - quick and nutritious but was a little oily. Filling and generous serving - came to around $10

Thai inspired vegan food court option - Edit

quick and easy option for a vegan snack of lunch. located on lower level of Westfield in emporium food court. has cold drinks, salads, sanwhiches, soups and a hot bain Marie of Thai style fried dishes with lots of mock meats. my $9.50 Philly sandwich was tasty but not the most amazing vegan thing I've ever had. it filled the gap and was nice to talk some Thai to the staff. no coffee as the listing suggests.

Pros: all veganfasteasy

Cons: nothing new or too specialShopping Centre location

amazing!! - Edit

I got the philly sandwich and I swear if I gave it to a meat eater they would think it's really meat and cheese! My fiancé got amazing food from the customize your plate area too ❤️

Vegan fastfood in a mall - Edit

Coming from a city with near zero Vegan options, I was just ecstatic to find a Vegan fast food store inside a shopping mall of all places. Their sandwiches taste excellent but air a little on the small side

Pros: Everything is vegan

Cons: Sandwiches are on the smaller side for the price

Plant-based menu adapted to local foods and tastes - Edit

I wasn’t bowled over by the appearance of their food in the Westfield, but I tried the sweet potato curry and it was most excellent! I like pumpkin curry but have never come across a sweet potato version and have to say it was at least as good as any pumpkin curry I’ve ever had. Lots of perfectly cooked sweet potato, tofu and veggies in a well-balanced curry sauce and some fresh rice on the side. Their vegan cakes looked good, but the only other thing I had was their sweetened hibiscus tea, which not too sweet and made a nice change. Service was quite friendly too and the curry + rice was reasonably priced at $8.50.

So, 4/5 stars for quality and value, and I’m also giving the Loving Hut 5/5 green stars for social and environmental impact. First, obviously, a plant-based diet is clearly better than a meat-heavy diet for the planet on several fronts: better use of land for feeding the population, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, avoids the animal cruelty that comes with the intensive meat industry, and is better for human health. Second, I really like their business model: each restaurant is independently-owned and comes up with its own menu. For a chain restaurant with over 200 locations worldwide (about 40 in the U.S., four in the Bay Area) it’s a great idea to not replicate the same menu in every restaurant. Each restaurant can come up with their own menu depending on what’s available locally, and can also suit local dietary trends and needs. The idea of walking into a chain restaurant that has thousands of locations worldwide and knowing that they churn out these identical meals in huge facilities (and then waste energy shipping them all over the country/world) is really a repulsive concept. Finally, if you’re vegan or vegetarian, it’s nice to know that you can order anything on the menu without having to ask the staff for a history of the dish.

Pros: Delicious curry, Good for a quick meal, Entirely plant-based

Cons: Not fancy, Food Court can be a noisy/busy

Asian food I can eat! - Edit

Loved this place! Usually I don't eat Asian dishes because of a sesame allergy! I had marinated tofu and eggplant with rice... Delicious and filling... Very huge portions ... You will not go away hungry :-)

Solid - Edit

Cheap, filling and relatively healthy. I had the spicy noodle soup and it was delightful - lots of beansprouts, noddles and herbs. A little light on the fake meats but with an adequate amount of tofu. Sadly not particularly spicy, but I have a pretty deep desire for tear-inducing heat in my soups. Getting a good, filling meal for $10 in downtown SF is an achievement in and of itself

Pros: Cheap!, Filling, good portions.

Vegan fast food - Edit

Not amazing food, but always grateful for vegan options in a mall food court.

how is this in a mall?! - Edit

So delicious- a bit greasy, sort of like Panda Express but it's vegan! The vermicelli salad was so perfect! The boa "pork" bun was very tasty, and you can't go wrong with the Thai ice tea!

Pros: everything is vegan!, good flavor, some stuff is organic

Cons: a bit on the greasy side, not everything is organic, it's in a mall basement

Lovely - Edit

My husband and I got their fresh spring rolls and pho. It was super tasty and the staff were attentive.

THE MOST DELICIOUS CHEESE CAKES!!! - Edit

The food is really good here and the portions are generous.

But the best thing about it are the vegan desserts:
Pumpkin cheesecake (seasonal)
Vanilla cheesecake
Mint cheesecake
Carrot cupcake
Mocha cake
Oreo cake

We tried them all (except the mocha) and they were all AMAZING!

This place alone makes me wish I lived in SF!

Pros: All vegan menu, Vegan desserts, Vegan cheese cake!!!!!!!!!!

There.. - Edit

...I aet the best kebap of my life!!!!
Better as the "meat original".

Pros: Quality, Price

Cons: Choice

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Westfield Mall Food Emporium closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.