Loving Hut - Wan Chai

• Friend
+852-25743248

2/F Luen Tai Building, 93-99 Wan Chai Rd, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family operated. This location is self service style where you order at counter from its extensive menu. Last order is 9:15pm. Seats 108. Accepts cash or Hong Kong's local 'Octopus' payment card. Nearest MTR Wan Chai station, Exit A3. Previously on Hennessy Rd. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Powerbex

friendly staff, delicious inexpensive vegan food ❤️ - Edit

What a nice HKG vegan place. 2nd floor, easy to find and a nice hangout spot with street view. Food is great and staff very friendly and helpful.

Enjoyed this Loving Hut - Edit

We enjoyed our meal at this Loving Hut. We sat against the windows looking out on the interesting street-scape. We didn't order that many dishes because we just needed a light meal at the time but we had a fried rice and some dim sum type choices. They were yummy and just what we needed. We also took a couple of "Happy Cow" ice creams away with us for dessert - we tried the Black Sesame ice cream and the Hazelnut ice cream - so good. Price of food very reasonable and as others have said, it was relatively easy to find with help from google maps. They seem to sell some vegan products that you can take away to cook at home/make meals with. We wanted to go again but we didn't get back to that part of town during the rest of our time in Hong Kong.

Pros: Good, wholesome food., Quick service, Good value

Amazing - Edit

Amazing food here and they are very strict about keeping everything vegan. Huge menu with mostly Asian dishes but also have some western food including vegan cheese pizzas and even desserts such as Tiramisu! Everything tastes fantastic and is at a cheap price for Hong Kong. Also a nice place to sit with plenty of space. Go for the set menu where you can choose three of seven dishes if you like variety. They even have a grocery section with vegan cheese for sale and vegan pet food!

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-17

Pros: Large Menu, Cheap!, Very Strictly Vegan

Best vegan restaurant in Hong Kong - Edit

This place is a paradise for vegans , huge menu and variety of food from western to Asian . We loved the burger , the soups, noodles pizza, sandwiches , rice and desserts . Everything is so tasty and staff is extremely kind . Prices are low and it's so nice to spend your dinner or lunch here. Highly recommended

Pros: Excellent food , Nice staff , Cheap

great place! - Edit

friendly people! according to the instructions i got here and google maps :) - was easy to find. I took lunch to go (unfortunately couldn't stay, it looks like a nice place to eat there), it was tasty, especially the dim sum sam

Pros: tasty

Not the best. - Edit

I've eaten in a lot of Loving Hut restaurants in Asia and Europe and this is so far the least interesting.
I ordered a set, a desert (the so-called tiramisu) and some doughnuts.
The portions are big enough, I got a sweet tea (I could have asked a soup), three different portions of mock meat and vegetables plus rice.
The mushrooms and sauce were terribly salty, the pumpkin and its sauce bland, the mock meat and broccoli just ok. The tea was nice. The doughnuts as well but to light (or too small). And the tiramisu... well they'd better check for another recipe ! I was so disappointed, this was no tiramisu at all but an ice cream looking like a frozen tiramisu-cake, bland...
The staff working there was very friendly.

Pros: Big choice, Friendly staff, Cheap

Cons: Some meals are too salty, Some meals are bland, One desert is not what it should be.

Great food - Edit

This is the 3rd loving hut I've been to in Asia. It is the best I've been to! Great selection of really tasty food. They have vegan ice cream and even vegan pet food on sale too.

An obvious choice - Edit

Centrally located eatery in Wan Chai, easy to find (billboard in front of door and ads in windows in first floor).
Spacious venue providing plenty of tables and seats. Good value lunch deal, you'll get full for a relatively small amount of money. À la carte dishes are a good choice too - large range. You'll pay directly after ordering at the counter. That's a bit annoying, especially if you want to order something else later (again counter, order, pay), but in return you don't pay the common 10% service charge.
The desserts could be better, I wasn't particularly impressed. The tarts were the best, I'd say; the tiramisu the worst as far as I am concerned (came frozen and tasted bland).
The decor isn't special, but it is always clean, as the premise is being cleaned several times a day. However, the entrance into the building isn't very inviting - seriously mould-infested wall.
Also, they sell vegan ice cream and vegan dog and cat food.
Definitely no gourmet choice, but it spares your wallet.
Helpful staff, good free WiFi. Free lemon water. Sometimes live music.

Pros: plenty of choice, inexpensive

Cons: desserts could be better, soup is very basic (not bad though)

Value food - Edit

Nice delicious food below $hk 100 for lunch. Nice environment and staff are nice. Great location and easy to find.

Pros: Can top up rice and free lemon water.

Nice!! - Edit

Had the set dinner that comprised of steamed cabbage and veggies (yum), mixed veggies cooked in gravy (yum) and tofu ( a bit bland), steamed red rice and a clear soup.

but love that they dont use MSG and also they have a counter with condiments for you to add your own sauces, salt, pepper and other seasonings etc if u find the food not flavorful enough.

Great value for money as it's so filling! the set dinner and 2 vegan egg tarts cost only HK$ 76.

The restaurant is spotless, clean, spacious, good seating arrangements

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-23

Pros: Good value for money (esp set meals), no MSG, not too salty, simple and healthy food, Staff was excellent, very helpful

good fast food - Edit

This place offers good fast food that while not amazing is tasty and affordable. Decent selection and nice service.

Pros: fast, friendly, affordable with traveler friendly

loads of choice, too salty - Edit

I really wanted to love this restaurant, they have almost everything I wanted on the menu, and it's rather cheap.
However, everything I tried was way too salty, tasted a bit too much artificially flavoured(perhaps it's because it's supposed to be like a fast food restaurant?)
Anyway I'd definitely come back hoping to find something I can love, I have to say staff were super friendly there, it's also a nice environment to eat too !

Loving Hut Wan Chai - Edit

Bright and clean. No frills vegan "cha tsan teng" with the normal HK cafe staples at a comparative price. We went around 2pm on a weekday and it was half full. We ordered a set where you choose three dishes to go with rice for $50 and a charsiu flat noodle stir fry for $60. Both came with a drink. They even have a free lemon water refill station and a small selection of vegan groceries. Fresh and tasty meals win friendly service.

Pros: Reasonable price, fast service

hit the spot - Edit

No msg!! Low sodium and lots of love. I want this everyday haha

nothing fancy but tasty food - Edit

Cheap, especially for the set menu. good quality vegan food. The restaurant itself is nothing special, but a great place to drop into for vegan fare.

Great value for your money - Edit

This is an excellent find: A vegan paradise amongst an abundance of restaurants. Friendly staff eager to explain the menu. Try and sit by the window to enjoy the busy street life at the bottom while enjoying the food from the 2nd floor. When taking a menu a drink is included - I choose the malt tea which is genuinely refreshing. Desserts are truly advisable and they even have Happy Cow ice cream. Should you have a pet they also sell vegan pet food.

Pros: Good selection , Takeaways

The Perfect Hangout Spot - Edit

This loving hut is a safe haven for me and my vegan friends -- everything on the menu is vegan and delicious. The staff are always super friendly and remember us each visit, often giving us free desserts. The occasional live music creates a chill atmosphere and the grocery section has many vegan products you can't find elsewhere in Hong Kong. I wouldn't call LH gourmet/health food, but it's cheap and tasty!

Pros: good value, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere

Cons: many processed food items, frequently sold out of menu items

My fav place in HK - Edit

When I was in HK I basically had to force myself not to go to Loving Hut Wan Chai all the time so I could try other places as well. I still ended up going 3 times in 5 days though. Everything I've tried there was amazing: vegan tarts, vegan barbecued pork rice noodle, XO sauce fried rice, soy milk tea, creme brûlée, etc. Staff was super friendly too, and it was adorable.

Pros: amazing food , friendly staff , many selections

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Wan Chai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.