Loving Hut - Valencia

• Vegan
Contact 96-3744361

Calle del Conde de Altea, 44, bajo Izquierda, Valencia, Spain, 46005

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Offers an all-you-can-eat buffet with a large selection of food with tofu, seitan, pasta, rice, casserole, pizza, burgers, salad; plus cake, coffee, and non-alcoholic beverages. Prior to 2009 this had operated as Casa Salud.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Chinese, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by gle

Mi restaurante vegano favorito - Edit

Mi restaurante vegano favorito. Bufé libre con comida italiana, china, turca, japonesa... y por supuesto, española. Increíble la tortilla de patatas vegana y las croquetas de guisantes con veganesa. Lo recomiendo 100%.

Pros: Restaurante 100% vegano.

Wonderful buffet - Edit

We came here after a long traveling day. The place is very nice, and the buffet really rich. We tasted many different things, most of them really good. Just a very few were a little bit disappointing because they were cold, but this is the problem of many buffet restaurant. Great place, with super cheap and super tasty vegan food

Pros: good food , all 100% vegan, very cheap

Cons: some things may be cold and less fresh than others

Mi buffet favorito - Edit

Me encanta Loving Hut, es uno de mis buffets favoritos.

Tienen comida asiatica, a veces tiene pizza o hamburguesas :)

Me gusta ir a Loving Hut cuando somos un grupo grande, si vamos pocas personas me gusta ir a The Nature otro buffet vegano en plaza vannes (al lado del metro de Plaza España).

Pros: Buffet, Puedes ir con grupos grandes, Puedes comer nada más llegar

Cons: Mucha comida grasienta

Todo muy rico!! - Edit

Un restaurante donde todo es vegano (también venden pienso vegano para gatos y perros). También preparan tartas veganas. ¡Estaba todo muy bueno! Y puedes pedir un tupper para llevar por 4€.

Pros: Todo vegano y muy rico, Postres y tartas veganas, Buen precio

Cons: Decoración anticuada

Buffet with asian options all vegan - Edit

As I love asian food and buffet, this was heaven for me. How come there's no Loving Hut in Barcelona???? Unveliable!!! :(

Lot's of asian food choices, portions of burgers, hummus, russian salad, deserts and much more, all vegan!

Buffet vegano en valencia! - Edit

Loving hut es un buffet de comida vegana.
La comida es buena y no está mal de precio pero no parece muy sana.
Ideal para ir de vez en cuando con amigos. Lo que más me gustó fueron las croquetas de calabacín. Los postres me parecieron un poco flojos.

Pros: Gran cantidad de comida, Esta bien de precio

Cons: No parece muy sana

Amazing! Lots for Gluten intolerant people! - Edit

As a gluten intolerant vegan, I went there not knowing what to expect.

But as it turns out, not only was the food totally delicious, most of the food was gluten-free! The kind lady that owned the restaurant pointed out what I can and can't have.

We went there twice as there was just so much food to choose from in the buffet (€10.50 all you can eat), and was so tasty.

They also threw in a big bottle of water for free.

Well worth the money and 110% recommended!!!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Delicious, Lots for gluten intolerant people

Great, inexpensive vegan buffet - Edit

A few steps away from the old city center, this Chinese vegan restaurant is an oasis of good and inexpensive vegan food in Valencia. Interiors are simple and clean, with photos and quotes of famous vegetarian people. For less than 10 euro, you can take advantage of a buffet of over 40 different vegan foods, from appetizers to desserts, with an all-you-can-eat formula. It includes tasty Chinese specialties and vegan typical ingredients, such as algae, seitan, soy, tofu. They do not serve alcohol. Absolutely recommended.

Pros: Good value, Wide choice

Cons: No alcohol

Awesome place to eat in Valencia - Edit

This is one of the best restaurants I've been so far. It offers a great variety of dishes all of which are delicious. It's an All-you-can-eat as well so prepare to come out of there being full till the next day at least.

Pros: excellent selection, delicious food

Cheap chinese vegan restaurant - Edit

Cheap and tasty chinese food. We can try a lot of the traditional chinese recipes but well adaptated to veg-style. Good desserts (the "flan" is great). The owner is very attentive and friendly, and also the rest of the staff. I wish veg-options increased in Valencia.

Pros: Inexpensive, Variety, Friendly staff

Cons: Not extremely healthy

Delicious buffet - Edit

We visit the Loving hut restaurant on a friday evening. On this day they only had buffet. For only 10,50€ we had all you can eat and a drink. The buffet was diversified and everything was delicious. There was a choice of salads and a lot of asian food. For example vegan sushi, thai curry and fried rice. But they had also veggie burger with french fries. We loved the burger. It is one of the best vegan burger that I've ever eaten. If you are in Valencia it is a must for everyone to visit the Loving hut.

Pros: diversified buffet, great burger, cheap

So fresh and delicious! - Edit

Just came back from the restaurant. It was so good. Large selection of salads, hot dishes and sweet desserts. Each dish has distinct flavour and is really delicious. My husband got a tea pot, I and my mum got 2 fantastic fresh carrot and apple juices. It turned out everything was included in the buffet price which was about 10€ each. Very pleased!

Vegan muss nicht gesund sein! - Edit

Also bei der Einrichtung geht man laufen. Die Straße hat einen Super Flair, alles toll. Im lovinghut dagegen eher McDonald's Charakter. Man sollte auch mal einen Profi Fotografen an die Bilder der Gerichte lassen.

Das essen selber:

Ich hatte einen russia salad, fand ich persönlich sehr lecker, woraus die Soße war - keine Ahnung.

Als zweites dim sum. Sehr heiß gekommen, gutes aussehen, toller Geschmack, feste Hülle. Perfekt. Soße zu salzig, aber die brauchte man ja auch nicht.

Hauptseite war Aubergine in Soße. Also wenn es kein veganen Restaurant gewesen wurde ich sagen dass war Glutamat in reiner Form, sehr klebrig, viel zu stark gewürzt, fast wie Honig.

Es wirkt wie eine fast Food Kette und man hat das Gefühl man macht zwar alles vegan, dahinter stehen tut man aber nicht. Vielleicht bin ich von nordischen raw Food Restaurants mit eigenen Besitzern an der Theke verwöhnt, und seid neuestem isst auch der Charme mit, aber da hab ich mich wohler und heimischer gefühlt.

Pros: cheap, fast

Cons: lieblos , kalt (inferior)

Loving Hut, Valencia - Edit

I have just got back from six days' holiday in Valencia. I travelled
there with my mum. We both loved The Loving Hut here. The range of food was enormous and everything we ate was delicious! We ate there four times as we were so impressed. The buffet was particularly good. Everything was fresh, and the restaurant was clean. The prices were fair. Claudio, the man who took our orders each time, is a lovely, friendly man.
All in all, i would give it a massive thumbs up.

Pros: Cheap prices., Tasty food., Friendly staff.

Cons: None.

Delicious - Edit

This was probably one of the highlights of my trip to Valencia. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were large. The prices were fair and I was overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of the options. Everything I ordered was delicious, though we had it to go. The restaurant is not very charming, or well-lit, but I recommend you take your food to go and have a picnic. The staff was super friendly and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Pros: cheap, lots of options, delicious

Cons: not quaint atmosphere

Great food, friendly staff - Edit

We loved this place so much we went back again on our next visit to town. The buffet was great and included fantastic desserts. There was english speaking staff and everyone was very friendly. My non vegetarian partner also loved it.

Better than expected - Edit

My expectations were quite low due to some of the reviews, but that was a very wrong assumption. The food was fantastic and the prices were very modest.

We had a large salad (with almost avocado), some fried seitan (Excellent flavor), Gazpacho, Noodles and a Lasagna. For drinks: Fresh Orange Juice (small) and a fresh apple-carrot juice (large). The total was 35 euro's.

The service was very kind and enthusiastic.

The location was fine, on the edge of the old center.

All in all I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, vegan or not.

Another excellent Loving Hut - Edit

This is another one of the international Loving Hut chain, which seem to be cropping up all over the place. They're a great way to find vegan (and vegetarian) food when you're travelling, and this one is no exception.

I ordered the avocado salad, and the sweet and sour eggplant, plus half a litre of still water. Total cost was $11.20 euros, so very inexpensive.

The salad was awesome. This was my return visit - I'd eaten there a couple of nights earlier, and the salad I had then was just as good - large serve, and fresh and delicious. Ideal if you're a salad junkie like me :)

The eggplant was also delicious, although a little on the oily side, so probably not for the diet-conscious (I'm a bodybuilder on a lowfat diet, so I'll pretend I didn't eat it). So delicious though - very tasty, and a fair serve.

Most of the dishes have strange "hippie" names, but all have descriptions beneath in Spanish and English, together with photos on the menu that are accurate, so you have a pretty good idea of what you're ordering. Staff are helpful and friendly, and the service is fast and efficient.

Overall a great experience, leaving me in search of more "Loving Huts" all over the world. I'm from Dunedin, NZ, and am hoping they're open one up in my city soon! Yum!

Definitely recommended.

Pros: cheap, tasty, great salads

Cons: bright, tiled decor

Typical Loving Hut - Edit

This is a generic Loving Hut place like you can find in most cities. It's good vegan fast food, but if you want to have a nice restaurant meal there are better options in Valencia. I wouldn't go back for a sit down meal, but I'd definitely get take out to eat in the park.

Pros: Cheap, Convenient

Cons: Atmosphere, TV

Muy economico - Edit

Todos los años voy a ver las fallas a casa de mi tio y voy a comer alli desde que lo abrieron.Han ido mejorando año tras año.La ensaladilla rusa con veganesa esta muy buena y los nachos riquisimos.El personal, aunque ha ido cambiando, ha sido siempre especialmente amable.Lo mejor de todo es que al final te sale muy economico.

Delicious and cheap! - Edit

This place is fantastic for cheap and yummy vegan food. The set menus for take-away are fantastic, with options like seitan/tofu burritos, veggie burgers or small portions of two main dishes. This comes with fries and soup or salad, as well as a drink for 8 euros. The chocolate cake is also scrumptious. The whole place is lovely. Highly recommended!

Pros: cheap, yummy, desserts

Cons: slow for take away

Go elsewhere - Edit

Being a vegan myself I hate to write bad reviews about vegan/vegetarian places, but unfortunately I have no other choice but to completely agree with rika's review.

18/02/2011. Ordered the "mini-menu", a sample menu comprising of one starter, two mains from the a la carte menu in one single plate and a dessert. They do inform you that the portions in this menu are smaller... and indeed they did were.

STARTERS: "Ensaladilla rusa con veganesa", that is, "Salade Olivier with vegenaise", that is, a mound of industrially cubed frozen veggies boiled straight from the bag, bound with a thick, white, tasteless sauce. One single lettuce leaf as decoration. I found a metallic thread from a scrubbing pad just before I finished it. A plain "I will tell the cook" and a shrug was all I got from the waitress. My S/O had a salad which was correct (how much cooking science does it take to throw a simple salad anyway?).

MAINS: A pile of seitan stripes braised with onion (salty but eatable) and three smallish soya cutlets (on the rubbery side). No sauce whatsoever. My S/O had a tofu scramble (not bad) and some breaded aubergine cubes, which were the single piece of food that actually tasted good.

DESSERTS: A fruit creme caramel (flan) with a rather unpleasant texture (too gooey) and my S/O had a rice pudding (too sticky and with a weird aftertaste).

DRINKS: Bottled still water and a tomato juice (that inexplicably they made from fresh tomatoes, resulting in a thick layer of tomato pulp floating atop half a glass of water)

AMBIANCE: Very few people. Decor is very fast food style, with no charm at all. Although outside it was sunny and nearly 20ºC, inside the restaurant it was cold.

THE SERVICE: The waitresses were nice and all from Eastern Europe (hey, no problem with that since my S/O is Polish). They all wear yellow Supreme Master T-shirts and caps. The oldest one, that acted a little like maître d', was a tiny, very thin woman, so shy that it was extremely hard to understand her when she spoke to us.

IN SHORT: We definitely will NOT visit the restaurant again. It is cheap, true, but the food is simply NOT good. I am a vegan and a cooking aficionado as well, and to me, respect for the ingredients should come in the very first place. Pleeease, Veganism should NEVER be a lame excuse for bad food. If you happen to be in Valencia, treat yourself at vegan Kimpira instead: your wallet might suffer but your taste buds and your sight will be REALLY happy.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Bad food

excellent - Edit

A totally vegan place. A bit weird ideological undertones (supreme master, etc.) but extremely friendly staff, excellent food, big meal sizes, nice atmosphere and an enourmous menu - you'll be reading that one for at least 5 minutes. For new vegans I recommend the fast food menu - burger or burrito, fries, drink and salad. And for all that - the cheapest place on my Spain trip.

Pros: food, choice of food, price

totally overrated - Edit

We went to Loving Huts because it got many good comments (and I wanted to have a good vegan burger). Unfortunately I can not agree with the other reviewers.
The food was not good at all. Rarely I had to eat such bad vegan food (in a 100% vegan restaurant!!!). I would have preferred grilled vegetables or the obligatory salad in a standard-restaurant...

THE FOOD
We choose "menú degustación" to get a litte bit of everything. That was:
* sushi (without any flavor, seemed old)
* tortilla de patatas (was the worst of all! no flavor, nasty texture)
* sesame balls (was not bad, but wasn't good either - they had no taste)
* pita (was ok. tho' the pita-bread was hard like stone)
* tempura vegetables (not bad. unfortunately just 2 very small pieces)
* orange-icecream (was there anything besides sugar in that icecream..?)

* hamburger (which didn't come with the menu): The burger-"meat" was really good. Sadly the horrible bread ruined everything...

None of the dishes seemed very healthy (lot's of oil, strange textures,...).

* coffee: The coffee was good. It's not easy to find soy milk in spanish restaurants.

THE PLACE
The restaurant is a very clean fastfood place with no charm. Check out the website to get an impression...
The street is actually very nice. Lot's of bars and cafes, not too much traffic.

SERVICE
Our waitress was very nice. Since we were the only guests we didn't have to wait to much for anything...
Bathroom: nice and clean.

OTHER:
They have a desk with some flyers and information about veganism, nutrition, animal rights, etc.

CONCLUSION:
Never again. I get very angry at places like this: They tighten the (absolutly false!) cliche that vegan food is boring, tastless, insufficient,...

Pros: free information sheets about veganism

Cons: food without taste

Good, cheap, lots of variety - Edit

Many different Asian and western dishes to choose from; menu del dia with choice of several dishes available during lunch (13:30 - 16:00) & dinner (20:30 - 24:00) hours. Merienda 16:00 - 20:00
They also offer takeaway

Very clean restauarant, good prices, but a vaguely cult-like feeling, with the white decor and http://suprememastertv.com playing on their large-screen TV. But overall good, and I would definitely return!

Pros: good value, clean

Cons: cult-like ambience

yummy, cheap, varied, filling - Edit

There were seven of us and I was the only vegan (one other person is lactose intolerant) there last night. Everyone was very happy with the food. It was so good, there were so many choices, and we were all stuffed when we left. I recommend the seaweed salad and the pita (thats what i had). The burgers looked amazing! Next time ill try one. Even if you not veg, just go for the desserts! They are AMAZING, dont be fooled by the zucchini cake, its better than carrot cake. I would go just for dessert its sooooo good!

Pros: healthy, gourmet food, amazing dessert

Cons: not all dessert available all the time

Great find! Vegan eutopia! - Edit

We were in Valencia for Las Fallas and unfortunately didn't find this place until our last day in town! We were walking back to our hotel around lunchtime in a bit of a rush to get to the airport and there it was. We didn't have time for a sit-down meal, so I asked them if they could make me something to take away. They said if I got something like a burger and fries then I would be able to, so that's what I did. This restaurant is spacious with beautiful decor and is very clean. The menu is very extensive and offers a wide array of both oriental and european food. As for my burger, it was delicious - perhaps once of the best vegan burgers I've ever eaten. It was a real shame that we found this place so late - it's a vegan paradise! We could've eaten there every day and probably never eaten the same thing twice.

Pros: 100% vegan, very large, extensive menu, beautiful decor with friendly staff

Cons: None that I could see!

no buffet - Edit

When we went (late July 2009) it was not a buffet, instead it was a sit down order from a menu place. There were menus in spanish and english and many vegan choices. It is located on a street with a lot of restaurants and is bright and clean. The food was ok, if looking for similar vegan food would try the Nature first.

Return to Valencia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Valencia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8215 times since Aug 2007.